Bronze Supporter
Jul 31, 2022
Sussex, WI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I had posted another thread about the $49 pool cleaner. My real issue was that my 15 year old Dolphin cleaner stopped working due to what I thought was a bad motor. I ordered a new motor, but it turned out the motor is not the issue. It seems the controller must be the problem. My wife is of the opinion that we should buy a new one. I know that this topic has been covered ad nauseam in different threads, but after looking through a number of them I just got more confused. Part of it is not wanting to spend $1,000 for a new cleaner versus $300 for new controller. The other part is there are so many different brands out there that my head is spinning. I am curious as to what folks on this forum think is one of the best ones out there. Thanks for your opinion.

B,

What specific Dolphin do you have that is 15 years old and still working???

When you say 'controller' are you talking about the electronics card in the robot itself, or the Power Supply?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Also, what do you mean by "stopped working"?

Does it try to move at all, cleaner lights, power supply lights or does nothing happen when you press the power supply button?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.