Dolphin Cable question.

jsw5620

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 30, 2011
Pike Road, AL
I have a Dolphin Premier cleaner with a 3 prong cable. Not working this season. Moved a little bit then nothing. Should all 3 prongs on the cable have continuity for it to work? I’m only getting continuity on 2 prongs.

jws,

On the cable, two pins are for DC Power and Ground, the other pin is for remote operation. The two pins farthest away from the 'key' tab are for power and ground.

I doubt what you are seeing is cable related, which tends to be.. will not work at all.

How old is the unit? My Premier lasted 7 years before biting the dust. At that time average lifespan was 5 to 7 years.

The newer S200 style robots look like they are only lasting 3 to 4 years and some less than that.. :(

I am not sure if 27 VDC will power the unit, or not, but my gut says it will.

Thanks,

Jim R.

jws,

On the cable, two pins are for DC Power and Ground, the other pin is for remote operation. The two pins farthest away from the 'key' tab are for power and ground.

I doubt what you are seeing is cable related, which tends to be.. will not work at all.

How old is the unit? My Premier lasted 7 years before biting the dust. At that time average lifespan was 5 to 7 years.

The newer S200 style robots look like they are only lasting 3 to 4 years and some less than that.. :(

I am not sure if 27 VDC will power the unit, or not, but my gut says it will.

Thanks,

Jim R.
It’s probably older than that. I got it used 3-4 years ago. I had an older model one my nephew gave me before I got this one with no PSU. Thought it was junk so kept it for parts. Plugged it into the PSU and I’ll be danged if it didn’t take off across the pool and start cleaning. Hopefully it’ll last this season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.