Dolphin Advantage vs Manual Vac

garroyo130

Mar 24, 2023
Austin, TX
I just got a pool brush and was surprised to see the amount of silt and particles that have accumulated in the pool in just the span of a week. That said, I am wondering what everyone would recommend in terms of a cleaner. The two options I'm considering are a Dolphin Advantage robot or a manual vac. We didn't budget for this part of pool maintenance so while more expensive options would be great, I have found this is the only one within my budget that comes with a top filter. So what would you chose, or is there a better options outside of these?

I suggest that you call Margaret and see what she can do for you.

Margaret Mills
Marina Pool, Spa & Patio
7777 West Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, Colorado 80232
303-985-0077
[email protected]

Best prices, free 2nd day shipping, no tax. But you have to call for it to be an in-house sale.

You only have to manually vacuum once to know that is not the way to go.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

I suggest you have both if you can afford it- they each have their place. A manual vac head, hose, & pole are pretty basic accessories to have on hand. Sometimes you just need a manual vac especially for big cleanups that would overwhem a bot quickly.
I have a vinyl lined pool & the advantage’s cousin - the nautilus cc, works just fine for me. Those with waterline tiles or plaster finishes benefit from upgrading to a bot that offers waterline cleaning (bot moves horizontally at the waterline) & more than 1 brush. Your signature doesn’t say what type of pool you have.

Reactions: Newdude
Unlike the robot, the manual vac setup will likely last a generation, so it's a one and done purchase.

It's needed at heavy debris times like opening or when the pollen is out of control in the spring.

Some have found that reserving the robot for light maintenance only extends its lifespan.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.