Milwaukee, WI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Brand new Dolphin Active 30i. Put in water for first time, ran fine for 20-30 minutes. Then it just turned off, red ring on the power supply.

Checked impeller, basket clean, nothing in the tracks visible. Every time I try to run it, after 30-60 seconds, it just shuts off again with the red ring.

Any advice?

Did you purchase it at Marina? If so, give them a call and they will help troubleshoot it.

It might be something simple or you may have gotten a defective unit.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Dustin,

Just call Marina and they will take care of it..

Robots run a self test when powered on.. If the system fails the self test it will just shut off. Could be the power supply or the robot itself.

Things happen.. We recommend Marina, because they will quickly take care of any issues.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Spoke to Margaret - she’s not the normal person to troubleshoot (he doesn’t work Saturdays), and she thinks it might be the 50° water. Gonna heat the pool up to about 70° and try it again. :)

Peaking at the manual it's saying either something is stuck in the impeller or the tracks? How much have you tore it apart??

These are really simple to take apart. It the impeller motor is blocked or binding you can check it after removing a couple of screws. Keep the power off of it while you are doing so. Make sure the tracks are not binding. If you have a vom you can check the power supply voltage for around 29, but I doubt that is it since it's going through the self check.

I think another forum member had a bad impeller motor and it was fixed with some disassembly. Seth at Marina is the guy to debug with. If it needs a new motor unit they will send one and it takes about 4 screws and 5 minutes to replace.

The impeller is certainly clear. Checked that first. I don’t see anything visible in the tracks. Not sure how to check those more than what is visible.

They did say Seth was the one to troubleshoot but I work M-F so it will be difficult to troubleshoot. I guess they’re open until 6pm my time so I could call later in the day when I get home from work.

Spoke to Marina again - they said to give Maytronics a call. Called them, ended up with a return label to ship the robot back to them. Packaged it up in a plastic bag and a big box with a bunch of crumpled newspaper since that’s the packing material I had at hand and am shipping it back now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Maytronics called - said they're out of the Active 30i and offered a T45 instead. My research showed it was not as good of a model as the Active 30i, and the T-series equivalent would be a T55i, so I asked for that. They said they'd kick it up to management.

Kinda crappy to offer a lesser model than the one that just was purchased and sent back as not working..... Looks like the T45 is equivalent to the Active 30, which was $100 less than the one I got from Marina.

Oh, their e-mail said that they had a mixup in their notes, which I assume is what they're saying accounts for offering the lesser model. Seeing as a T45 is the same as an Active 30 (without the i), I can see how that mixup would happen!

I purchased an Active 30i this week from Marina and had the exact same issue as you. Worked for 15-20 minutes the first time, and then the fault after self test and red light on the power supply. What was the resolution on your issue? I checked the output voltage on the power supply and it is 25 volts, instead of 29 volts.

I purchased an Active 30i this week from Marina and had the exact same issue as you. Worked for 15-20 minutes the first time, and then the fault after self test and red light on the power supply. What was the resolution on your issue? I checked the output voltage on the power supply and it is 25 volts, instead of 29 volts.
I’m wondering if an update is causing them to brick. Mine did an update right before it stopped working.

Call Maytronics directly. Go through their troubleshooting on the phone (amounts to check impeller for debris, check tracks for debris). Then they’ll have you send it back and call you when it’s sent and say they don’t have any more Active 30i to replace it with. They should offer an Active 40 instead, which is a good choice. Then see if anyone wants to buy the extra caddy you’ll get with the replacement. :)

I’m wondering if an update is causing them to brick. Mine did an update right before it stopped working.

Call Maytronics directly. Go through their troubleshooting on the phone (amounts to check impeller for debris, check tracks for debris). Then they’ll have you send it back and call you when it’s sent and say they don’t have any more Active 30i to replace it with. They should offer an Active 40 instead, which is a good choice. Then see if anyone wants to buy the extra caddy you’ll get with the replacement. :)
I called Maytronics, and they believe that the motors may be coming dislodged during transit. They sent the attached video with a suggested fix - basically taking the motor out and reseating it. I’ll try it tonight.

Reactions: IceShadow

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.