Dolphin active 20/Proteus-DX3 Cleaning walls?

Mar 5, 2016
Central CT
I was just wondering if this robot would really do a good job on the walls since it doesn't have the floaty handle thing on it?

Rambling backstory.... The old aquabot turbo I got used last year seems to have died. IT runs for a few seconds then stops, guy at the pool store said its probably the motor. I went to the store attached to a local builder and they suggested a dolphin active 20, which appears to be the same cleaner as the Dolphin Proteus-DX3 that leslie's has for $150 less.

Our Active20 climbs the pool walls pretty well. It doesn't like the transition from fiberglass to the water line tile, but it still gets the waterline.

I was just wondering if this robot would really do a good job on the walls since it doesn't have the floaty handle thing on it?

It doesn't have the float handle because it doesn't need it. Totally different propulsion system. It diverts jets of water out and back to maintain contact with the wall (sort of like a water thruster). Once it hits the surface it diverts some water laterally to scrub along the waterline. Taking off the handle also allows for the big top basket.

Side tracking a bit but what do you mean by your Aquabot Turbo "runs a few seconds and stops"? Do both motors run then both just die after a few seconds? Or does only one motor run?

From what I can see the Proteus DX3 is closer to an S50/E10/Active 10. The Discovery is pretty much the same as the Active 20. And Geebot is correct, Dolphin's robots pretty much don't need handles anymore.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.