Doing another round of poly before officially opening?

jlt19

Aug 20, 2019
St. Louis, Missouri
We closed a bit early and did a round of the poly60 recommended here. I haven't taken the temp of the pool water yet but I am a bit worried it'll start rising. I'm in Missouri, so still have had some 30 degree nights, but that looks like the past now. I don't necessarily want to open right now because the water will be cold for quite some time (plus pollen will fall soon from our oak). I also don't want to spend the $ on chlorine until we can actually use the pool.

My thought was to set up the pump and do another round of poly60 in order to protect the pool from algae growth for the next month or so before officially opening. Thoughts on that?

I’m not far from you. I opened early because I had the time. My water is 66 degrees today. I use a SWG so I used liquid chlorine to bring my FC up, added salt yesterday and plan to start the SWG tomorrow. It’s obviously still too cold to swim, but the deck area is much more enjoyable now!

Reactions: jlt19
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.