Doheny's pumps

DoubleEcho

Bronze Supporter
May 22, 2019
Pennsylvania
After the swim season ended last year my old Hayward pump died, so I did some looking around and ended up buying a Doheny's #2716 1HP inground pump. After it arrived, I realized I needed to reduce the fitting down from 2in to 1.5 and asked around on Reddit for advice on it (turned out to be a couple of simple reducer bushings). Everyone on there told me that I would regret this pump and it would perform worse than my old Hayward since the max head of foot so low (manual says 15).

I'm not sure if the foot of head is accurate because this pump performs just as well as my old Hayward as far as suction and power on the jets. Maybe it's because I have 1.5" plumbing instead of 2, not sure?

Does anyone else have these Doheny's pumps and if so what's your verdict? For $230 I'm pretty happy with it, even if I only get 5 years or so out of it.

I would think as long as you are happy and you get your money's worth out of it that's all that mattes. Even the big names in the industry have problems with their products. I do know there are other Doheny pump owners on the forum. It's just a matter of them seeing your post. reply back as much as you like. Thanks for posting.

I would think as long as you are happy and you get your money's worth out of it that's all that mattes. Even the big names in the industry have problems with their products. I do know there are other Doheny pump owners on the forum. It's just a matter of them seeing your post. reply back as much as you like. Thanks for posting.

Thanks! It's hard to find reviews on them but I can tell you that after 4 full days of running the pump my pool is way clearer than what it was when I took the cover off. It has to be moving lots of water, and when I put some stabilizer in an old tied off shirt near the jet it was moving pretty good. No difference at all with my old Hayward.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.