Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Received new s200 from Marina. Dropped it in pool this morning. First cycle seemed to go fine, but ever since it will run for about 10-15 minutes and stop, though the lights on control unit are still lit solid.

Anybody else experience this? Could it be a bad unit?

After sifting (no pun intended) through these pool cleaner discussions, I just placed an order with Marina for the Active 20. I appreciate the thorough reviews and comparisons.
I am concerned with the few posts about decreased run times or failing motors though - have had my suction Nautilus for over 10 years, but looking forward to the improved cleaning ability. Thanks for the info!

After sifting (no pun intended) through these pool cleaner discussions, I just placed an order with Marina for the Active 20. I appreciate the thorough reviews and comparisons.
I am concerned with the few posts about decreased run times or failing motors though - have had my suction Nautilus for over 10 years, but looking forward to the improved cleaning ability. Thanks for the info!
2thman,

Did you have any trouble getting in touch with Marina Pools & Spas? Over the past few days I've been trying to contact Margaret to order a robot, but my calls and an email haven't generated any response. I've just used their contact information on their website... 303-985-0077 and get their message machine. Thanks for any insight on if you had similar experience.

Sometimes they do seem a little slow to respond. But once you get them it will be good service from what everyone says.

Reactions: RyHack
My Oasis Z5 motor just quit after 4-5 good years of service, so I just ordered an Active 20 with the filter basket mod from Margaret at Marina. Yes...the wait time for a response back can be tedious, especially when you're suddenly without a cleaner, but their deals are so good, it's worth it. I love the new filter basket design...looking forward to trying it out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Purchased my Active20 from Marina and been using it about three weeks now.

Recently, I’ve noticed that it stops short of a full cycle. It maybe runs for a half hour and then just stops.

This morning it would not get past the diagnostic test cycle that it does before starting to clean. Filter was clean so I checked the treads and impeller and found nothing. Waited 15 mins and tried again. It started the clean cycle but stopped after about 45 minutes. Power to the control was working, it was just that the cleaner stopped moving.

Any ideas?

So I’m about to pull the trigger on a bot! Can’t wait but I have a few questions. I found this website that states what the online comparison model is to the pool stores.
I found that helpful but I also found a blog post that said the online models are not the same as the pool store models. Much like buying a John Deer from John Deer is different than getting one from Home Depot. What is true? Are they better from the pool store? It seems like the online warranties are better than the stores. If I order from the store in Colorado and live in Nashville it’s not like I can run it down there for a repair anyway. Any input is greatly appreciated.

So I’m about to pull the trigger on a bot! Can’t wait but I have a few questions. I found this website that states what the online comparison model is to the pool stores.
I found that helpful but I also found a blog post that said the online models are not the same as the pool store models. Much like buying a John Deer from John Deer is different than getting one from Home Depot. What is true? Are they better from the pool store? It seems like the online warranties are better than the stores. If I order from the store in Colorado and live in Nashville it’s not like I can run it down there for a repair anyway. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I was in the exact same situation a month or so back. I learned that article as inaccurate. I almost bought Doheny's Saturn b/c according that article it's the same as the S200 and such but was significantly lower in price. The Saturn is definitely different. Cord isn't as long and it scrubs up to but not the water line..at the very least. Doheny's Discovery, Dolphin S200, Dolphin Active 20, and Dolphin Triton are all the same and people on TFP just call Margaret @ Marina Pools 303) 985-0077 and buy whichever has the best deal at that particular time. Some users appear to be choosing to upgrade - buying S300s and Active 30s for example. From what I understand the upgrades have more features and/or equipment (stand, more program options, etc. Similar to how the same make and model of particular vehicles will have different "trim" options (ie: basic vs fully loaded).

Reactions: Rondanick
I was in the exact same situation a month or so back. I learned that article as inaccurate. I almost bought Doheny's Saturn b/c according that article it's the same as the S200 and such but was significantly lower in price. The Saturn is definitely different. Cord isn't as long and it scrubs up to but not the water line..at the very least. Doheny's Discovery, Dolphin S200, Dolphin Active 20, and Dolphin Triton are all the same and people on TFP just call Margaret @ Marina Pools 303) 985-0077 and buy whichever has the best deal at that particular time. Some users appear to be choosing to upgrade - buying S300s and Active 30s for example. From what I understand the upgrades have more features and/or equipment (stand, more program options, etc. Similar to how the same make and model of particular vehicles will have different "trim" options (ie: basic vs fully loaded).
Thank you, that is very helpful!

I have had my S-200 for a couple of months now and really love it except for an issue I've been noticing lately. It seems to get hung up on my drain covers in the deep end some of the time and can't get itself off. It must not happen all the time because when I run it at night it'll end up back in the shallow end most of the time. Yesterday I was out by the pool while it was running a cycle and noticed it stuck. I waited to see if it could work itself off but after 15 mins I had to pull the cord to drag it off the cover. The filter wasn't running when this happened so it's just getting stuck on top of it. Does anyone else have this issue or know a workaround for it?

My Active 20 came in this week. The architecture of my pool provides some challenges - diagonal corners on the slope and rounded corners on the deep end. I recycled it several times to give it more time cleaning, cleaning the filters between each cycle. In the end I have a clean pool that required minimal brushing, primarily in corner the brushes won't reach. Sure saves a bunch of vacuuming!

I have had my S-200 for a couple of months now and really love it except for an issue I've been noticing lately. It seems to get hung up on my drain covers in the deep end some of the time and can't get itself off. It must not happen all the time because when I run it at night it'll end up back in the shallow end most of the time. Yesterday I was out by the pool while it was running a cycle and noticed it stuck. I waited to see if it could work itself off but after 15 mins I had to pull the cord to drag it off the cover. The filter wasn't running when this happened so it's just getting stuck on top of it. Does anyone else have this issue or know a workaround for it?
Mine got hung up on a cover once this afternoon. Something to just keep an eye on. I don't leave it in all the time so It isn't a major problem yet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.