Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

See post 1554 and post 1580 for basket mod discussion. Yes it works for Active 20, S200 and Doheney's Discovery and a few others of that level. Basically any of that line that come with two separate sets of filters originally, that can only be used independently.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Out of pure happenstance I had a dirty plastic clothes hamper that fits my A20 perfectly. It sets aside a perfect space in my outdoor shed and lay the cord on top, or I have a clothes hanger also. I have some extra 2x4s and was wondering if anyone uses that to set it up in its tracks? Presently I’ve got it on its side, but don’t like it like that.
I’ve got the power unit attached to a wall in my water heater closet, 15’ from the pool’s north edge. It’s the best I could hope for. I don’t have a need for caddy, so the A20/S200 was the right pick. After a couple weeks use, I don’t want to control it with my phone, just toss and clean. I’ve been pulling it out every 2 days and storing every 2 days.

To safe myself posting another separate thread. I have an outlet that’s not sure is GFCI. It’s difficult to access in the water heater closet (copper line blocks access). Wanted to see if anyone can speak to a plug-in GFI like this one (revised link).
I’ve replaced many outlets, but this would be a challenge so a plug in would save me a lot of trouble.
Brand new Active 20 purchaser and bought based on this thread. Hopefully, you guys are right!

I am no electrical expert, but I think the GFCI outdoor outlets often don’t have the “button” but with a little trial and error you will find the one in your house that is connected to it. The GFCI outlet connected to the outlet near my pool was in my garage, which isn’t close by. So don’t assume it will be the closest indoor outlet with GFCI. At least in the Phoenix area newer homes’ exterior outlets are supposedly on GFCI but I tested to be sure.

I have an Active 20 and his name is Bobo. He has worked wonderfully for exactly 2 years, but today he has an illness that I hope is not terminal. I started him up from the deep end, and maybe 20 minutes later I peeked outside and noticed he was stranded on the tanning ledge. I watched him for a minute because he has always managed to get down, but this time he wasn't moving. He was tilted up on his wheels. I turned him off and put him in the deep end and he won't work. The power supply is turning on, the blue light on the bot is functioning, and the water is bubbling (it seems more so than usual), but he won't move. I called Seth at Marina and he gave me a couple of troubleshooting options to try, but I'm hopeful that my fellow TFP members might have some additional guidance. I hope the motor didn't burn out. Thanks in advance for any feedback/guidance. :)

Just a little update for anyone who may find themselves in this boat in the future: My sweet Bobo is at Marina awaiting a swap out of his motor (under warranty, thankfully!). I miss him dearly and I cannot wait to have him back. We haven't had our typical spotless pool without him. The weather has been super windy in Vegas (figures!!) and downright chilly. It's only 62 degrees here today - a record low temperature! The cool weather has made it hard for us to get in and clean the pool with a hose, so we've been doing our best with brushing and skimming. Fingers crossed that Bobo comes home soon so I can get him back to work! :p

My Maytronics Supreme M4 has finally died. Since it's 6 years old I'd rather get something new instead of spending the money to try and fix it. What do people like from the current models available? Any recommendations?

BTW, it will be used in an inground kidney shaped plaster pool that is approximately 26k gallons.

So far so good with my Active 30i! Mr. Ray does a fine job. I'm certain the Active 20 would've been fine though. The Bluteeth isn't all that and I didn't really need the cart. But the better warranty,longer cleaning cycle and higher rebate (which I received today btw) swayed my vote. It's surprising how dirty the filters get,besides picking up all the bamboo leaves. Running my pump at the lower speed is a plus.
Even though it has a swivel I do get a lot of twists in my cord. Usually have to unwind them every day. Just wanted to say thanks again for this awesome resource. Couldn't have done it without you:cheers:

Reactions: Texaspoolmariposa
Does the S200 really not have a repeating schedule function? My Nautillus CC has that and I like it.

One option is to get a programmable outlet or timer and set the robot to the Automation mode. Then you can set any schedule you want.
See here:

Even better, if you have ZWave/Smartthings or some other type of wireless automation at home you can get an outlet or plug that's compatible with that and have full control.
For ZWave folks, you can use something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W9NWFM3/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_IOY5CbDXCV23N
I use that for some outdoor Christmas lights.

My home is fully automated with Samsung Smartthings connected to several ZWave switches, ADT Pulse alarm, and a Google Home. I can say "Hey Google, it's Christmas time" and the Christmas trees will come on, all outdoor Christmas lights come on, and Christmas music starts playing.

I may set up an outlet for my robot so I can say "Hey Google, clean the pool" and the robot turns on and starts cleaning the pool.

So far so good with my Active 30i! Mr. Ray does a fine job. I'm certain the Active 20 would've been fine though. The Bluteeth isn't all that and I didn't really need the cart. But the better warranty,longer cleaning cycle and higher rebate (which I received today btw) swayed my vote. It's surprising how dirty the filters get,besides picking up all the bamboo leaves. Running my pump at the lower speed is a plus.
Even though it has a swivel I do get a lot of twists in my cord. Usually have to unwind them every day. Just wanted to say thanks again for this awesome resource. Couldn't have done it without you:cheers:

Joe, lay the cord out as straight as you can in the sun from time to time, it will keep the cord from retaining a “memory” of bends in it. :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.