Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

So it only took you 2 days to read this thread? That's pretty good.

Congrats on your new purchase! You will love him/her.

To safe myself posting another separate thread. I have an outlet that’s not sure is GFCI. It’s difficult to access in the water heater closet (copper line blocks access). Wanted to see if anyone can speak to a plug-in GFI like this one (revised link).
I’ve replaced many outlets, but this would be a challenge so a plug in would save me a lot of trouble.

Last edited:
I just wanted to let you all know I submitted my rebate request Tuesday May 7th and just got an email today Friday May 10th saying it was approved. I'll let you know if and when I get the check.

I have an Active 20 and his name is Bobo. He has worked wonderfully for exactly 2 years, but today he has an illness that I hope is not terminal. I started him up from the deep end, and maybe 20 minutes later I peeked outside and noticed he was stranded on the tanning ledge. I watched him for a minute because he has always managed to get down, but this time he wasn't moving. He was tilted up on his wheels. I turned him off and put him in the deep end and he won't work. The power supply is turning on, the blue light on the bot is functioning, and the water is bubbling (it seems more so than usual), but he won't move. I called Seth at Marina and he gave me a couple of troubleshooting options to try, but I'm hopeful that my fellow TFP members might have some additional guidance. I hope the motor didn't burn out. Thanks in advance for any feedback/guidance. :)

I'm building a storage cabinet for my pool stuff, and I'd like to size it so I could store one of these pool robots inside it that I plan on purchasing sometime this summer. What are the dimensions of the unit so I make sure I size the cabinet appropriately? I apologize if this has been mentioned before in the thread, but I didn't have the stamina to slog through 82 pages of posts.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello everyone, and thank you all for the info in this thread.

I just ordered an Active20 from Marina (with the basket mod) this afternoon, and can't wait to have the little guy help me out with the silt/dirt from the sloppy landscaping guys.

I've had an S200 now for 2 months and I mostly like it. Here's my review versus an older Dolphin (and previously I was a Polaris guy).
  1. It doesn't hit the stairs as well as my old Dolphin. Dirt settles on all stairs (even low ones) and I have to brush them every 2-ish days.
  2. It says it cleans along the water line but I've never seen it go horizontal... it'll sit in one place and kind of grind/brush and then go back down. I'm disappointed here bc the video showed it nudging at an angle sideways along a stretch of tile. Curious to hear if others get a stretch of tile cleaning or just one robot-width spot at a time.
  3. It is a ONE MILLION TIMES BETTER DESIGN with the top-loading basket than my old one with the bottom-mount bag. I can run it 1-3 times a day now and not dread cleaning it out each time.
  4. The wide mouth on the bottom grabs big leaves. This is also a massive improvement over the older designs.
  5. I don't care for programs or phone control so I went with the cheaper model and feel it was the right move. I'm curious if people have gone the other way though and find a benefit I was unaware of.
  6. I leave it in the pool... my Polaris never left the pool and I liked that it just did it's thing. Having a power cord is a big annoying but that probably depends on where your plug is in relation to your pool.

Reactions: dallasaggie
  1. It says it cleans along the water line but I've never seen it go horizontal... it'll sit in one place and kind of grind/brush and then go back down. I'm disappointed here bc the video showed it nudging at an angle sideways along a stretch of tile. Curious to hear if others get a stretch of tile cleaning or just one robot-width spot at a time.

Mine will sometimes go up to the waterline and right back down. Other times it will move sideways about 3 robot widths then submerge again. Complete guess but maybe 50/50. Certainly not 90/10 either way.

Thanks for 82 pages of reading, I just called Margaret and joined the s200 club, can't wait to pull my Polaris 380 out of the pool for good, it's been a workhorse, but after looking at parts cost for a total rebuild and an aging PB4 booster pump, this seems to be the way to go.

Our Active20 - same as the S200 - pushes itself along the waterline with ease. Travels 6 feet or so at a time, unless it hits the skimmer or a ledge. I too leave ours in the pool during swim season when we are home. Take it out once a week to clean the filter.

I am positive it is somewhere in this thread, but can someone explain the benefits/price of the basket mod to the Active 20? Planning on calling to order one tomorrow, I can't deal with the amount of Crud in my pool and a terrible suction side cleaner anymore!

A part number for that basket would be great, too.

Edit: Never mind, I found my answer just had to dig back a few more pages. Free with the purchase from Marina makes it a no brainer!

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.