Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

S200 cleans the waterline and Nautilus CC Plus doesn't. The Active brush spins 2x the speed of the robot. PowerStream is how the S200 maneuvers it has 3 jets that help it turn and and climb the walls.
CleverClean is the scanning technology that it uses to scan the pool to get full coverage of the pool. The S200 also has CleverClean technology.

Ron sorry I don't have any knowledge of the Nautilus CC but I have had my S200 for over a month and I absolutely think it does an excellent job, I didn't think I needed the bells and whistles of the S300i and felt the S200 would be more reliable in the long run with less to go wrong. I ran my S200 with the standard filters for awhile bit since I don't have large debris i switched to the pleated filters and boy does my pool sparkle. It is at least 50-60 feet from my patio to the back pool wall and I can see the ledge under the water along that back wall from my seat on the patio!

S200 cleans the waterline and Nautilus CC Plus doesn't. The Active brush spins 2x the speed of the robot. PowerStream is how the S200 maneuvers it has 3 jets that help it turn and and climb the walls.
CleverClean is the scanning technology that it uses to scan the pool to get full coverage of the pool. The S200 also has CleverClean technology.

My Nautilus CC Plus cleans the waterline. Maybe mine is just an overachiever.

No, mine literally runs all the way across the tile line when it reaches the top. It kind of turns sideways a bit, then runs across.

Same with mine. And when I bought mine (last fall) it definitely said it did the tile and waterline. Perhaps it has changed.

It won't run around the entire waterline at once, but it will go up, turn sideways (like 45* angle) and do 5 or 10 feet before going back down.

The only place my tile is dirty is on a sun seat area, because it's only a few feet long and kind of shallow front to back, the robot has trouble getting in there correctly, so I just brush that small area.

No, mine literally runs all the way across the tile line when it reaches the top. It kind of turns sideways a bit, then runs across.

Just curious is your model Nautilus Plus or the Nautilus CC Plus? I saw video of the Nautilus Plus which looks identical and does clean the waterline (it was from 2015) . I wonder if they removed that feature and added the CC in the title.

I guess is more of the Maytronics website confusion, even the video on the website it doesn't show it on the waterline but if you look on certain pages is does mention the waterline.

Last edited:
Just curious is your model Nautilus Plus or the Nautilus CC Plus? I saw video of the Nautilus Plus which looks identical and does clean the waterline (it was from 2015) . I wonder if they removed that feature and added the CC in the title.

I guess is more of the Maytronics website confusion, even the video on the website it doesn't show it on the waterline but if you look on certain pages is does mention the waterline.

Mine is the Nautilus Plus (not CC) and was bought in 2016.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Finally, a club that will accept me as a member!

Thanks All, this is exactly why I asked the questions I asked. Intentional confusion which make it all clear as mud.
With all the great reviews and the price from Marina Pool in Co, plus the $50 rebate from Maytronics I pulled the proverbial trigger and ordered a Dolphin S200.
It was sold out of stock and back ordered until next Thursday. I don't need no stinking bells and whistles! I also asked for the dual basket setup. They knew exactly what I was talking about.
I anxiously await Sven's arrival. (Wife unit is Danish) (lucky me!) :)
Thanks for all the help, I will soon be part of the large club of happy Dolphin owners. Does it sing like flipper?

Ron

Now that I'm officially a member of the "club", I have another question
My pool is 37K gallons , it had a 3 wheeled return side (return not a separate pump) hose driven non-functional cleaner. It looked like a Pace Car at the track going 'round 'n 'round in circles(the cleaner) died a mysterious death while on the operating table recently.(workbench). No next of kin to notify.
What do I put in the the return port in the side of my pool? I can disconnect the hose by unscrewing it, but there should be some flow from that port. RIght? I don't think I should just plug it. Do I put in a directional eyeball or something? (Sounds like Rocket from Guardians of the Galaxy) No, I REALLY NEED HIS EYE! REALLY.
Thanks for the help. I am asking here because others might also have the same issue when changing cleaner types.
Ron

Ctrav,
Thank you for reminding me to update my Sig.
We just finished moving this week and I had not updated to our current pool. Had to hire an attorney to "insist" previous owners moved out. Jeesh......
Moving on, Our new pool is 20 x 50 x9' with a large sunning shelf. Once I remove the return hose that used to power "Bob" can I put a directional eyeball jet in it's place and what's it called so I can search for it properly?
Thank you for the help, I really appreciate this forum.
Ron

I just placed an order for the Doheny Discovery! I’m excited to join the club. This is my second year of pool ownership and after a rocky 3 months or so I found you guys and this has all been so much easier. I have a ton of fine dirt particles that settle in from nearby trees so I thought I’d try the Discovery since my old Polaris 280 is amazing at leaves but only seems to push dirt around the pool. I’m hoping to do a little less manual vacuuming.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.