Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

I was about the pull the trigger on an S300i . . . and then saw the Doheny's Mercury (Dohenys Pool Supplies Fast). I haven't seen a review or comments anywhere from Mercury owners, but it appears to be a Doheny's rebadged 300i for $850. Anyone on here have any experience with the Mercury?

That’s not equivalent to the S300i. No caddy. Limited cleaning modes (fast and normal). Warranty does not cover brushes or tracks whereas an S300i does. Filter basket only has panels, no insert.

It’s likely closer to an S200/S300 hybrid.

Are there ever any sales on these units? Or just poke around and see?

Sales are usually at the beginning of the season. Supplies don’t last as many dealers will only order what they think they can sell and these robots take time to manufacture. You might get an end-of-year sale after the summer season is over but it’ll be slim pickings over whatever is left in stock. A mid-level robot (S200 or equivalent) at $700-$800 is about the best price you’ll see through out-of-state phone sales. Local brick and mortar will be higher. Refurbished models are cheaper but you get what you pay for with those and you could easily find yourself shipping it around for repairs.

Does anyone have any experience with the T-series? I think I am deciding between the T-55i, s300i, and Active 30i.. which appears to be cosmetic differences only? I think the T-55i is newer, though I'm not sure if that means it is any better. I like how it looks.

Does anyone have any experience with the T-series? I think I am deciding between the T-55i, s300i, and Active 30i.. which appears to be cosmetic differences only? I think the T-55i is newer, though I'm not sure if that means it is any better. I like how it looks.

They're all exactly the same. just different private labels for different distributors and vendors.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
On the S200, can you select to not do waterline? I have a floating pool cover and am worried it will cause issues trying to clean the waterline with the floating pool cover. I want to be able to turn this feature on only when the cover is off.

Not to my knowledge for the S200. You will have to step up to the S300i for all those bells and whistles :)

On the S200, can you select to not do waterline? I have a floating pool cover and am worried it will cause issues trying to clean the waterline with the floating pool cover. I want to be able to turn this feature on only when the cover is off.

I'm thinking of adding a robot due to the paper berch tree seed pods in the spring and leaves all summer long. (along with Japanese maple and weeping cherry) I'm zeroing in on the Doheny's Discovery. Any words of wisdom before I pull the trigger?

Not to my knowledge for the S200. You will have to step up to the S300i for all those bells and whistles :)

Thanks. Yes, my research seems to confirm only the S300i or similar models have the option for floor only. So has anyone with a floating solar cover had issues with the S200 or S300 getting caught up in the cover as it does the waterline? I guess my other options would be to get a model that does not do waterline, like the Nautilus CC?

I can recall several people have specifically stated that they do not have any issues with floating covers and using the S series robots.

I can recall several people have specifically stated that they do not have any issues with floating covers and using the S series robots.

Thanks. I did a lot of reading but could not find anyone mentioning floating/solar covers and if they cause issues with S series models with waterline cleaning. I will go back and do some more reading but good to hear that this does not appear to be a big issue. If it was, I am sure someone would have written about it!

Thanks. I did a lot of reading but could not find anyone mentioning floating/solar covers and if they cause issues with S series models with waterline cleaning. I will go back and do some more reading but good to hear that this does not appear to be a big issue. If it was, I am sure someone would have written about it!

I have a solar cover and have no issues with my S200

I believe pooldv was one of them.

Thanks for the lead, found the thread!

I have a solar cover and have no issues with my S200

Thanks for another confirmation that floating covers are not a deal killer for waterline cleaning robots. I am going ahead with the S200!

One more question, this time regarding automation. I see all of the S series show "Automation Mode" feature on the Maytronicus.com site. Any idea what that means? I was hoping to be able to find some way to allow my pool automation system turn trigger when the pool cleaner runs rather than having to push the button each time or each week. But I see no way to allow my automation system to trigger the S200. Even if I have the automation system power up the S200, it will not start unless someone presses the 'Start' button, right?. Am I understanding this correctly?

Worst case, I guess I could void the warranty and try to manually wire something into the 'start' button in the power supply?

Automation mode is some kind of new feature. It’s not in my 300i app menu at all. I wonder if Dolphin is planning on using its Bluetooth connectivity to give BT enabled automation systems access to its features :scratch:

Problem is - I don’t know if any of the Big-3 pool equipment makers use Bluetooth.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.