Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Re: Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

I should have the caddy by Tuesday. On the sunplay site, it indicates it is for the s series..

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Do us all a favor and post some pictures or videos of it showing a clear indication of how it works. Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This cleaner is the bomb.com! I haven't put a cleaner in my pool in almost a year. Just brushing weekly-ish and using a net. It ran once with lots-o-funk in the filter. I cleaned it in about 27 seconds and ran it again. It was pretty clean after the second run. Which tells me it did a heck of a job the first time. Pool looks great! I love me some Gilligan! :-D

If your cleaner budget isn't 650 bucks then you need to adjust your budget. :thumleft:

This cleaner is the bomb.com! I haven't put a cleaner in my pool in almost a year. Just brushing weekly-ish and using a net. It ran once with lots-o-funk in the filter. I cleaned it in about 27 seconds and ran it again. It was pretty clean after the second run. Which tells me it did a heck of a job the first time. Pool looks great! I love me some Gilligan! :-D

If your cleaner budget isn't 650 bucks then you need to adjust your budget. :thumleft:

I am so happy to hear this! I'm hoping mine arrives tomorrow. The order confirmation email said 9/3 but the FedEx tracking says arriving sometime before 9/7.

I agree. First run surprised me how much he picked up, second run not much there, so I agree it must've done one heckuva job the first time. Pool looks cleaner as well. I thought it looked clean before, but it has a better look to it now. Pretty happy with this purchase.

Did anybody else see in the owners manual to keep chlorine levels at 2-3 ppm to use the discovery, lol. I think most of use are running FC @ 5-8ppm.

Also, side not, might want to put some blue tape on the rear upper section of the unit. When it goes on steps, baja reefs, loveseats, its almost 90 over degrees, and can hit the back of the unit on the surface, if you have pebble plaster it can scuff the plastic case. I got a few small scuffs first time in.

I ordered the caddy tonight from INYOpool. Free shipping, no tax, no handling and I found a discount code (from retailmenot) for $10 off. Paid $100.99 total. Just thought I'd pass it on. Robot arrives tomorrow (finally!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Either way. Pump on could possibly suck it onto a main drain, but a quick pull on the cord and it's free. You might watch out for that if you choose to run it with the pump on.

Either way. Pump on could possibly suck it onto a main drain, but a quick pull on the cord and it's free. You might watch out for that if you choose to run it with the pump on.

Good point, Dave! Thank you! I think I'll leave it off for the maiden voyage since I can't stay outside to monitor.

Just a FYI, I run mine with the pump on, and it's straddled the drain and it gets hung up for a second but I think it's more from the obstruction than anything. It just reverses and gets itself off. As long as you have two main drains, which I believe most pools nowadays do, suction will divert to the other drain if one becomes obstructed, as a safety issue. Anyway, mine has no issue while the pump is running. Just thought I would let you know that.

Do any of you folks know how many AC watts this unit consumes? I called the Maytronics but the nice lady didn't have the wattage information. If someone has a Kill A Watt meter I'd greatly appreciate it if they could share the wattage and amperage numbers. :p

Do any of you folks know how many AC watts this unit consumes? I called the Maytronics but the nice lady didn't have the wattage information. If someone has a Kill A Watt meter I'd greatly appreciate it if they could share the wattage and amperage numbers. :p

Maytronics claims electrical usage runs to 5 cents an hour:

The Dolphin Difference - Maytronics US, Inc

Well I have run my cleaner probably 8 times. It does a pretty good job, although I don't know if it's still learning or not but it does miss a leaf here and there so I don't think it covers every square inch. Does anybody know, does this actually learn your pool or does it just randomly wander? Other thing I noticed that it does indeed come up and scrub the waterline but that is very random, there's no way it will clean all of it, but then it's probably not intended to. That said I would just as soon as spent all his time on the bottom since it does not get all of the waterline and you will still have to brush it which is no big deal. Overall very happy with it and wish I would have got it sooner. Definitely easy to use and easy to clean the basket.

I don't think it cleans ALL the tile line, at least mine does not. Sounds similar to your machine. As for learning the pool, the tech. rep said the first 20 mins of each cleaning session the robot is mapping out the walls of the pool. If you start it in a different place in the pool it will most likely map out the pool differently. I do not believe it has memory.

Anybody get the caddy set up yet? I got mine but it the bottom section looked all scratched up in several places, talking to maytronics about a replacement.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't "learn" your pool once and then use that as a basis for anything. Assume every cycle is a new learning experience and it senses its boundaries relative to its starting point so it attempts to give 100% coverage. It's conceivable that at some point Maytronics could include electronic targets like the floor vacuum Roomba has that can establish fixed reference points but right now, every cleaning is a new learning experience.

Hey, if anyone needs a caddy for the diiscovery pm me. I have 2, long story, it will be 50% off retail online pricing. Long story, sorry to the mods if this is in the wrong forum.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.