Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Great thread! I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on an s200 or s300. One question for those of you who have a spa...do you also use the robot to clean the spa? If so, is there a shorter cycle time for that?

It is not used in a spa. The size is too small to have it work effectively - and steps /seats are not their strong point.

The S300 video shows a filter cage with two layers of filtration - a mesh screen and a fine pleated filter. I just got the Discovery model and it came with two sets of filters, but only one type can be used at the same time. Is there a special filter basket/set used on the S300 model?

Yes. The mesh screen is a basket in the 300 and i models. It can be purchased for about $40 to insert in the 200's if you wish to have both at the same time

I do see a benefit in doing that because it would shave a few seconds off of spraying off the pleated filters. Small debris sometimes doesn't come out on my first squirt or three.

I've never used the pleated filters, only the mesh filters since I got it last fall. Easy to hose out and I don't seem to need any finer filtration. Or maybe I do and don't know it yet ...

Hi: I am late to the game here on this thread. The Doheny's price is now $719 plus the Baloney Sandwich handling fee. Has it been 719 for a while or is this transient and will go back to the mid 600s?

My pool is 13x33 ~11000 gallons. Is this overkill and do the TFT guru's recommend something smaller?

Thanks ladies and gentlemen.

Hi: I am late to the game here on this thread. The Doheny's price is now $719 plus the Baloney Sandwich handling fee. Has it been 719 for a while or is this transient and will go back to the mid 600s?

My pool is 13x33 ~11000 gallons. Is this overkill and do the TFT guru's recommend something smaller?

To me, they are sort of like filters. It's hard to have too much, and I wouldn't suggest smaller if this price range is acceptable to you. You can't go wrong having more cleaner than you might "need."

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well I am a full weekend in to owning the Doheny Discovery and I love it. Just a massive upgrade over my Kreepy Krawley. Some pro's and cons below

Pros:
- IT JUST WORKS. You drop it in the pool hit the button the master control and its off and running. No fussing with it.
- Brissel and intake are massive compared to pressure side sweeps. It can take in 18 inches of pool floor at a time compared to a few inches of my Kreepy Krawley.
- Build Quality. The housing, wires and control unit all have an excellent feel to them. Fit is excellent when opening and removing the debris basket.
- Run Time - I can get my fairly small pool pretty clean in an hour. After 2x2hrs of running the pool was immaculate. When I looked in the debris bag I was surprised at all the grit it picked up.
- Quiet. Not that my other sweep was loud, but when the Discovery crawls up the walls and cleans the tiles its not very loud at all.
- Doesnt get stuck. It went over the pool drains and around stairs with no problem.
- Cord hasnt tangled. Read a few reviews that were upset it didnt have a swivel on the cord. Mine didnt seem to have a problem. I stored it carefully wrapped after each run.
- Price. Got mine for $735 shipped from Dohenys after an online coupon. This is the same price as many pressure side cleaners.

Cons:
- DOCUMENTATION. There is none. Although its dead simple to work Im still left with questions. What do the lights mean on the front? How to cycle through different clean settings on the master control? Does the App work with my model?
- No Auto-Float feature. To get the sweep to surface after cleaning you yank on the chord. Seems like not a good idea to me.
- No mapping of the pool floor. Not that it missed spots, but at a day in age where gps and other technologies are available this may start to be a feature we could see.
- Dont let kids around it. If you have kids that love to swim, taking this sweep out before that happens is a must. It just doesnt seem sturdy enough to handle any abuse. Its a fine tuned machine.

It just went to $719 recently from $799. Last year it dipped down to $649. Anyone's guess if it will dive that low this season.

Marina Pool and Spa is a popular choice this season as well for [emoji227]'s.

The Saturn is the same as the Maytronics S100 and Dolphin Active10. The primary difference is it has 1 brush vs 2. There is probably more info on the Maytronics S-series webpage.

Well I am a full weekend in to owning the Doheny Discovery and I love it. Just a massive upgrade over my Kreepy Krawley. Some pro's and cons below

Pros:
- IT JUST WORKS. You drop it in the pool hit the button the master control and its off and running. No fussing with it.
- Brissel and intake are massive compared to pressure side sweeps. It can take in 18 inches of pool floor at a time compared to a few inches of my Kreepy Krawley.
- Build Quality. The housing, wires and control unit all have an excellent feel to them. Fit is excellent when opening and removing the debris basket.
- Run Time - I can get my fairly small pool pretty clean in an hour. After 2x2hrs of running the pool was immaculate. When I looked in the debris bag I was surprised at all the grit it picked up.
- Quiet. Not that my other sweep was loud, but when the Discovery crawls up the walls and cleans the tiles its not very loud at all.
- Doesnt get stuck. It went over the pool drains and around stairs with no problem.
- Cord hasnt tangled. Read a few reviews that were upset it didnt have a swivel on the cord. Mine didnt seem to have a problem. I stored it carefully wrapped after each run.
- Price. Got mine for $735 shipped from Dohenys after an online coupon. This is the same price as many pressure side cleaners.

Cons:
- DOCUMENTATION. There is none. Although its dead simple to work Im still left with questions. What do the lights mean on the front? How to cycle through different clean settings on the master control? Does the App work with my model?
- No Auto-Float feature. To get the sweep to surface after cleaning you yank on the chord. Seems like not a good idea to me.
- No mapping of the pool floor. Not that it missed spots, but at a day in age where gps and other technologies are available this may start to be a feature we could see.
- Dont let kids around it. If you have kids that love to swim, taking this sweep out before that happens is a must. It just doesnt seem sturdy enough to handle any abuse. Its a fine tuned machine.

Coupon please?

Great thread! I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on an s200 or s300. One question for those of you who have a spa...do you also use the robot to clean the spa? If so, is there a shorter cycle time for that?

It is not used in a spa. The size is too small to have it work effectively - and steps /seats are not their strong point.

I have a 7x7 square spa and put Wall-E in to clean it about 1x/wk. We get a bit of debris and leaves that are a pain to get out otherwise, as well as fine dirt and grit. I do brush the waterline and the steps to push the dirt to the bottom of the spa, but otherwise he does a great job in there!

I have a 7x7 square spa and put Wall-E in to clean it about 1x/wk. We get a bit of debris and leaves that are a pain to get out otherwise, as well as fine dirt and grit. I do brush the waterline and the steps to push the dirt to the bottom of the spa, but otherwise he does a great job in there!

Wow, my mistaken assumption! Thanks!

I've never used the pleated filters, only the mesh filters since I got it last fall. Easy to hose out and I don't seem to need any finer filtration. Or maybe I do and don't know it yet ...

I HIGHLY recommend you try the pleated filters! You might be really surprised by the amount of fine dirt it picks up. Mine are always dirty when I pull Wall-E out to clean him but the pool always looks like it has no dirt.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.