Doheny Advantage robot

Jun 8, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
Moved to a new house with an existing pool. Decided I need a robot since there's plenty of leaves that make it in the pool. I ran across this vac on sale and it says 'powered by dolphin', so I assume it's just a Dolphin cleaner re-branded.

Anyone have any experience with these or the equivalent Dolphin? Also, I have popup heads in this pool - how do these vacs do on those? Will they get hung up on them? I plan on running the vac at night when there's no filter going.

Really sick of the hose, manual vac game!

Pool specifics:
~20,000 gallons
pebble-tec
kidney shaped
8ft at deep end
useless popup heads that push dirt around and not much else

Reactions: lisaloutx
The presence of those pop ups threw out my initial response of "Get One, You'll love it!"

Call Margaret at Marina Pool and Spa in Colorado- not only can she sell you the right model for your specific needs, she'll send it to you tax and shipping free. Many, MANY TFPers shop with her.

Maddie :flower:

The one linked to dohenys site might be on the small size for your pool. Only one brush and a 50 ft cord. Maybe the cord is long enough if you have an outlet right midpoint of the pool? Not sure how much multiple brushes matter but the larger units all have at least two if not 3.

my pool is 24k gallons so a little bigger than yours. The S200/Active20 had worked well. I think it’s probably one step up from that one and also will cost a bit more

Dohenys is selling the advantage ultra which has a swivel cord and is for pools up to 50 feet. 849 right now. Looks like an S200. If anyone can confirm I'm going to go ahead and buy it.

yes looks like an s200. Hard to say for sure but its a 60 ft cord so its gotta be an upgrade from the s100 which is what i think your first link was. Go for it!

It says its got 2 brushes. Yes s200

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think based on eveything I've read here, the S20 seems to fit the bill for me. Wifi is spotty at best near my pool and I really don't need all the bells and whistles. Just looking for something to vac the pool for me. Just e-ailed and called Marina to see if they have it in stock or not. Hopefully I'll be the proud owner of a pool vac soon!

I do have one near the deep end where the equipment is. Worst case scenario for now, extension cord with water proof box for the connection and then maybe some proper electrical work when it's cool enough to run conduit. I've got a lot of options on the W side of the pool for placing a plug/cord.

Looks like Marina is out of the S20 until next month. With the blast furnace coming next week (forecast is going over 115), I'm not wanting to manually vac it anymore. So, now my choices are the Doheny Advantage Ultra mentioned a few posts above which apparently is a white label S20 for $849, or the Explorer E30 for $769 which Marina has in stock.

I'm leaning towards the Doheney unit as it has 2 brushes, but would like all of your input before I pull the trigger.

What are your thoughts? (besides "115 degrees - oh my god!")

I just got the advantage ultra last week. It cleans way better than I ever expected it to. It has the two brushes, one active and one passive. Does a fantastic job on the pool. It's just an s200 or active 20 etc branded differently.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.