Doheny 1.5 HP pump leaking

Jul 23, 2022
Cookeville, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
My Doheny 1.5 HP pool pump is leaking from the bottom where the pump basket housing is attached to the motor. It didn't start doing this till it ran almost dry once, I have bought all new seals for this type of pump do I need to get anything else to rebuild the pump it is only 3 months old. Here is the exact type of pump it is

Doheny's Above Ground 2-Speed Pool Pump, 115V, 1.5 HP​

I am able to take things apart and fix them if I know what I need to look for that might need replacing, this leak is also causing the pump to get air into the system.
Any help would be greatly appreciated I have the pump off my filter because I had a backup pump that was given to me but its not as nice and this one thats why I want to get this one fixed.
1659989547679.png1659989547679.png

That model is very similar to the Waterway and Hayward Powerflo Matrix. If the leak is only isolated to that area between the basket and volute, you might get lucky with just the volute seal. If the leak continues, you might have to replace the shaft seals.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.