Ok ok
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
My pool cleaner work fine up until today. In fact I ran through a cycle today and it worked fine. Now whenever I hit the button, the blue light blinks five times it starts to move and then just shuts off. I have reset it three times and it continues to do the same thing. When I press the start button on the control panel, the blue light starts blinking like it always did, and it actually starts to move but after the fifth blink it just shuts off. Of course it is five months past the two-year warranty. It is a Doheney Discovery S 200. Any ideas? Thanks

Mine did exactly that and it was ded dead. After some troubleshooting they determined the motor went out and the repair folks said it would be 500ish bucks to fix. Mine was also out of warranty. I bought a new Maytronics S200 for 699 from Margaret at Marina. I would like to think these ought to last more than 2-1/2 to 3 years. But, they works so great I think it might be worth it anyway.

I’m afraid that’s going to be the same thing with mine. I took it out of the water to get the serial number off it to send it in for troubleshooting. I read where it said to check and make sure nothing was obstructing the tracks or anything. I checked everything and it looked fine. So I tried starting it out of the water and it takes off but you could hear the motor really dog down and stop, this thing is two years and five months old, five months out of warranty. I’m not so sure I would buy another one although they work well, I would expect more than five months past warranty for a life span. For as much is a cost, that’s pretty poor performance in my opinion. I found a motor replacement online, it’s $300 so I imagine it would be around 500 to fix it.

Last edited:
Mine did exactly that and it was ded dead. After some troubleshooting they determined the motor went out and the repair folks said it would be 500ish bucks to fix. Mine was also out of warranty. I bought a new Maytronics S200 for 699 from Margaret at Marina. I would like to think these ought to last more than 2-1/2 to 3 years. But, they works so great I think it might be worth it anyway.
I should ask, how would I contact Margaret at Marina, I’m not quite sure how to find her. If you’re using her, I’m guessing she’s a good source. Thx

Marina Pool Spa & Patio
7777 West Jewell Avenue Lakewood, Colorado 80232
303-985-0077

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.