Dog Diggin' it today in TEXAS

Hello again! Time for an update. The "earthy" tile we chose looked good, until the sun hit it and it turned pink. So, always willing to work to save a buck, I jackhammered it out and we picked a blue tile. I hated to spend the money to do it twice but we really hated the tile from the start. The deck forms were built and we lost a week dealing with an electrician trying to put led step lights in. Long story short the face of the steps are short and wouldn't allow enough vertical room. So, we chose to forget about them. I'm actually relieved, one less thing. Yesterday half the deck was poured and the main wiring and elec boxes were installed. Things are looking good and we can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope it's not a train! Flagstone guys are scheduled for this Tuesday and pebble sheen for Wednesday. We'll see.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
exbcmc said:
I guess I don't have much vision, how are you going to "hide" the PVC pipes running down the side?
That is one beautiful home/pool.

Thanks exbcmc. Dirt will be brought up to probably 2-3 feet from the top. After this pic was taken, they took the pipes off, hammered some "tunnels" into the wall and re-did the pipes so that they were almost recessed in the gunite wall. They are supposed to spray the wall with something later. It will be interesting to see if whatever they spray with will be thick enough to hide the pipes. Might be planting some shrubs!

As far hiding the pipes, the builder decided to cover the backside with flagstone. I'm impressed with her decision because she just didn't think it would look good without doing so. I'm grateful! Deck is done and pebble sheen tomorrow. Kids might be splashing around this weekend!

Finally Done !!! Just had my 12 year old daughter's birthday party this weekend and the pool is officially broke in. We are very pleased with the results of the material combinations used in our natural surroundings. Kind of feel like we "lucked out" actually. The deck turned out larger than we imagined and we love the blue granite / desert gold combination of pebble sheen. Whatcha think?

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 157
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 157

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.