Does this make sense?

Hey Justin !!!!!

Were you responsible for Frankenfiltering that, or did you move in that way ? Is something wrong or are you just curious ?

We never recommend multiple filters, it's simply not needed. The largest residential filter for each style will do plenty fine for 40k+ gallons. I have 500 carts on 34k gallons and can go more than a year between cleanings. So you only go 11 months. Boo. :ROFLMAO:

*I clean twice a year just becasue. The filters don't need it, I do.

Hey Justin !!!!!

Were you responsible for Frankenfiltering that, or did you move in that way ? Is something wrong or are you just curious ?

We never recommend multiple filters, it's simply not needed. The largest residential filter for each style will do plenty fine for 40k+ gallons. I have 500 carts on 34k gallons and can go more than a year between cleanings. So you only go 11 months. Boo. :ROFLMAO:

*I clean twice a year just becasue. The filters don't need it, I do.
This is at a community pool i didn't put it together.

Reactions: Newdude
An 8 hour turnover is about 85 GPM.

DE is rated at 1 gpm/sqft, so you need at least 85 sqft of DE fiter.

For cartridge, you need at least 225 sqft.

Two DE filters are ok to use.

Cartridge is a better choice, but I would probably not replace working filters unless there is a good reason.

• High rate sand filtration: Size for 15 gallons per minute (gpm) per square foot of filtration surface area.

• DE: Allow 1 gpm per square foot of surface area.

• Cartridge: Limit flow to 0.375 gpm per square foot of surface area.

You should not have your Polaris suction intake before the flowmeter.

Does the pump flow reading match the flowmeter reading?

What flow do you maintain?

How many skimmers do you have?

Do you have a main drain?

If yes, what percentage is the valve open or closed?

Is the pressure on each filter equal?

What is the clean starting pressure and what is the pressure when the filters get cleaned?

Do you backwash or do you just do a teardown and clean?