Does these reno costs look reasonable to you?

May 27, 2017
PA
45K gallon pool w/spa, 45'x25', depth 3' to 9'
Replacing 14 year old french grey plaster
Philadelphia metro area

Wet Edge:
$48K - Replace tile, reinstall coping stone, drain/pressure-check, install Wet Edge Signature Matrix (cadet blue, carribean, tahoe, etc).
+$4,500 - same as above but Primera Stone (sky blue, blue pacific coast, midnight breeze, etc)

Pebble Tec:
$30K - Replace tile, reinstall coping stone, drain/pressure-check, install Pebble Tec or Pebble Sheen (jet black, moonlight grey, french grey, etc)
+
16K - same as above but Luminous glass bead, not sure how many bags.

+ water replacement, permits, tax, an arm and a leg, etc.

I'm particularly taken aback by the relatively small difference between Wet Edge Signature and Primera Stone since the latter is more labor intensive and premium. I also can't reconcile the $18K difference between Wet Edge and Pebble Tec, albeit it's not apples-to-apples between those two product lines.

Last edited:
Z,

Seems way high to me, but the only way to tell is by getting more than one quote..

The problem is that pricing in different parts of the country is often very different. In fact, pricing in the same city is often very different, just bases upon the neighborhood you live in.. :(

How may bids did you get?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.