Does Saltwater CL Generator use electricity when terminals are not connected to cell?

Mar 3, 2016
Gold Canyon, AZ
Sorry if this is a silly question but I have given up on using my salt cell and disconnected the wires from the actual cell. However the control panel is still connected to the pool pump when the pump is running. so that the terminals still generate 12V. Would that still use as much electricity as when the terminals were connected to the cell?

Any transformer will continue to use power even with no load. How much power exactly depends on the particular transformer. So just like leaving your cell phone charger plugged in, this is the same principle.

I read somewhere that the salt gen uses about 500w, but presumably only when hoked up to sell, so was wandering how much it would use with just the transformer connected to the pump as if it's something negligible I will leave things alone but otherwise would remove the control panel but it would be hard to remove the cable from the pump as rear of pump is only 1" away from wall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.