Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Apparently I let my chlorine get too low too early. I thought it was too cold for anything to grow (getting down to 30s at night) so didn’t add anything for about a week. But in the past few days my pool has gotten very murky, green tint, and a bit of a fishy smell. Last year I had it crystal clear all through the winter. I don’t intend to use it for a few months, but the smell bothers me.
I just thoroughly cleaned my DE filter and am planning to start a SLAM tonight, but wondering if any of the instructions need to be altered with lower temperatures.

Apparently I let my chlorine get too low too early. I thought it was too cold for anything to grow (getting down to 30s at night) so didn’t add anything for about a week. ....
And in moving forward after completeing the SLAM - since you're not closing the pool, maintain FC according to the FC/CYA Levels . You still need to maintain the FC based on your CYA level and not let it fall below minimum listed on the chart. The only thing is that the FC will burn off slower with cooler temps and a lower sun angle on the pool.

Reactions: joshf
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.