Does it matter which Vitamin-C tablets to buy?

jesse-99

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
May 2, 2021
Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I'm trying to do a couple tests with metals and bought 300 tablets of Vitamin-C 1000mg (Amazon.com) but after buying them I wondered if I perhaps I should be some other kind of Vitamin-C tablets because of the "extra" ingredients in them -- not sure if any are bad for pools?

I looked at a bunch of different Vitamin-C tablets online and seems like most (or all? not sure) do have some kind of "other" ingredients. Does it really better? What Vitamin-C tablets are others buying ?

It's probably fine. Any Vitamin C tablet would work for the test.
you might see other ingredients like this below but the amount is so small you won't even notice it due to the volume of your pool
1686082995079.png

@JamesW, thanks but I was specifically referring to Vitamin-C tablets and those "extra" ingredients they add in, not referring to the bulk powder (I get my bulk powder here since its 100%: 5 lb Bulk Ascorbic Acid Powder - Guardian Supplements)

@cledee I figured it would be fine, but well... you know what they say about adding things into the pool that maybe shouldn't be so I was just curious I guess.

@JamesW
It's just a test I'm doing... the tabs just allow me to concentrate on a tiny specific area a little better than the powder does. Powder works great for a full AA treatment obviously. The link for your 5lb powder of choice is 99.98% pure ($27.37) versus the 5lb powder I've been using which is 100% pure for $44.99, I'm guessing you haven't seen any issue with the .02% non-pure "stuff" in the kind you've been using? Might be worth for me to switch over to that at a cheaper cost.

The link for your 5lb powder of choice is 99.98% pure ($27.37) versus the 5lb powder I've been using which is 100% pure for $44.99, I'm guessing you haven't seen any issue with the .02% non-pure "stuff" in the kind you've been using? Might be worth for me to switch over to that at a cheaper cost.
High Purity & Quality: Our L-Ascorbic Acid Powder is tested to USP42 standards, ensuring a minimum purity of 99.75% for your peace of mind.

1686088907742.png

Reactions: jesse-99
@JamesW
Ha, good catch, I totally missed that. Guess I found a cheaper place (your link above) for AA in the future. !!

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.