Documenting my AGP install - Newb trying to not screw up

(edited for clarity and added picture)

I think you'll be happy with it.

My only complaints are the instructions are terrible and I really wish it was 54" deep.

I added the wall foam thinking it would be good for protecting the liner and to help hold heat a bit. I'm not sure how much it'll help either because it's pretty thin.

The gap between the bottom tracks need to be larger than the instructions show. They showed a 1/2 inch gap but it really needed to be 3/4 to 1 inch. Just make sure your Radius measurement goes to the center of the track for the wall to start and stop points to line up perfectly. Instructions weren't clear on that at all. (see picture)

Also the plastic liner strips won't fit over where the walls overlap. I had to notch the strip. And then I added a few pieces of duct tape to protect the liner from the metal top track. Maybe I'm missing something but it all seemed pretty risky to tear the liner. Seems like there could be a better way.

I only went with the foam floor because of roots. I figure between the sand, felt guard, and 1" foam it should be protected well. Also the sand I got ended up having a lot of junk in it like mulch because it was piled up next to a mulch pile where I got it from.

View attachment 320279

Thank you very much.

I noticed that you are running a 1.5hp pump and 19" filter. I was thinking 1hp pump and 21" sand or a 150ft cartridge filter?

I don't know much about filters to be honest. I know that I have a lot of trees around and I'm not sure a cartridge filter would last long. Perhaps I should have gone with a 21" filter for increased capacity. I went with 1.5 HP because I will probably be adding fountains.

If I were to do it all over again, I'd probably go with a 21" filter and 2-speed 1.5HP pump.

Reactions: 67mike
I know that I have a lot of trees around and I'm not sure a cartridge filter would last long
All filters of similar capacities will work the same. The problem lies in that a properly (slightly oversized) filter of any kind will work just fine for cleaning XXXX gallons under normal circumstances, but they will be quickly overwhelmed if a tree(s) dump 10 buckets worth of debris.

For both you and @67mike if you find that the filters need frequent cleanings due to heavy debris, put hairnets (aka skimmer socks) on the skimmer baskets and they will stop most of the gunk before it’s trapped in the filter. It’s much easier to replace the hairnets every day in pollen season than it is to backwash or clean the cartridges.

Put a little ditch in front of the pool on the high side and lined it with concrete. Plastic is below it up against the pool. This will be covered by the deck.

Then i covered the back side with concrete where I built up the paver base to keep it from washing out. Worked perfect during a couple big downpours we had the other day. I'm going to put large 2-3 inch gravel on top of the concrete and it should be good for years to come.

F592E759-2D70-440F-8001-998C73A14B6F.jpeg

65DDD9D6-240B-4614-B2CF-DAB6F1FD822A.jpeg

9806AE0D-F5F4-462F-884D-20A53E265E54.jpeg

Reactions: thefloatqueen
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.