Do you mind helping me identify my skimmer? I don't have a weir door and I'm pretty s

Protlost

Silver Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My pool is older and I can only find the part number and a logo on the skimmer. It seems the skimmer would be a lot more effective with a weir door. Thank you!

17ec4e427c8ae25313807ad9f043d4ac.jpg
5a2ece02ab4ad59baab95ee5acb2b347.jpg
fa3312282aa7f33e1addf0c0e7785795.jpg
dc32a0cc83f29da01855ccf447334e7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that you have a Pentair Admiral S20 skimmer. CMP makes aftermarket replacement parts. I suspect that the lid is a replacement.

Pentair Admiral Skimmer Weir part number 85001500.

95% sure.

Also, I wouldn't plug the vacuum hose directly into the skimmer line. Debris can clog the pipe.

If you have difficulty finding the exact one you can always measure the width and height and get a generic
spring loaded one from amazon. Ended up having to go that route on my last pool. speaking of looks like
your skimmer had a damaging freeze one time. (the missing plastic) Mine had that happen too, but lucky
like yours the water level was way higher than the fill line when it happened. ouch.

Thank you for the help on the skimmer. I don't see any name on the pool itself. It was installed in the 70s and I may be able to ask the prior owner. He's in his 90s but might remember who built it. I'll take some measurements and see if I can find a generic door to fit.

What's the best option for the vacuum connection? A plate like this so my basket can remain in place? That would be easier than cleaning out the pump or potentially having to blast the line.

3ac85f13613ffd42f46264a3dd93fab1.jpg

I have an older Kreepy Krauly that works pretty well.

117fcb6e5fb95765f0baceb1b4577f33.jpg

American was the original maker of the Admiral skimmer. Pentair acquired PacFab which previously acquired American, so now it's a Pentair product.

The skimmer is Admiral. The adaptor is called variflo.

How does the adaptor work?

Note: Pentair acquired PacFab which had previously acquired Purex Pool Products and American Products.

That's the adapter I have. It screws in to the fitting at the bottom of the skimmer and relies on the pump basket to catch everything. You can rotate the adapter to increase or decrease flow through the vacuum.

As you mentioned James the debris traveling through the pipe intake can get clogged. That was the situation when I took over ownership of the pool and I had to blast it out with one of those hose bladders.

Thank you so much everyone for the help in figuring out which skimmer I have. The pool business has had a lot of turnover.

I took some pictures inside the skimmer today because I can't feel any weir door mount pins. How does a weir door mount in a skimmer with no pins?

On a side note I can see the plastic is starting to break down a bit so a skimmer replacement may be in my future. I'm going to guess the skimmer "ramp" isn't replaceable as a separate part.
edf362cf0f54283738be23abd2e47ef9.jpg
1bd94b650b1a15e81fc892bd9f9ec8ee.jpg

You can see why the weir door would be helpful. The arborvitae trees in my backyard drop a lot of junk. Once I have a VS pump I can hopefully run it on a low setting for skimming most of the day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I received my adapter plate and used it yesterday. The vacuum seems to work better than when it had a direct connection to the pump suction line and it's great not getting all that junk in my pump basket.
7b8d8b160dc5bd6f7f53bb16d0bebb48.jpg
b792f40ac5604530952259ed3a3eecd5.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.