Do those alligator heads work?

miamicuse

May 26, 2019
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
I am in south Florida and I am getting raccoons leaving poop next to the pool all the time.

I have tried different chemicals to no avail. I have tried pepper sprays, I have tried ordering "tiger urine pellets" from Amazon (that's another story) and nothing worked.

The house is fully fenced in all directions.

I was looking up this topic and someone mentioned a realistic looking alligator head floating in the pool has stopped his raccoon invasion. He mentioned his raccoons was pooping near the pool steps, where they clean and relieve themselves which is my case as the poop is always found next to the steps down to the pool. He said as soon as he dropped in the alligator head the raccoons never return.

So do these floating alligator heads really work?

I see $18 ones and $80 ones. They look kind of the same to me. What's the difference?

dalen_floating_alligator_head_2__63152.1520184996.jpg

I see single alligator heads, then I also see three pieces with the head, a body and a piece of tail string together. is the three piece ones more effective?

pool-guarding-gator-decoy-xl.jpg

Please do not get complacent. Up until now you would have known there was a problem right away if you saw an alligator in the pool. Now you must make sure it’s the *right* alligator if you spot it out of the corner of your eye.

• Haha
Reactions: JJ_Tex
Please do not get complacent. Up until now you would have known there was a problem right away if you saw an alligator in the pool. Now you must make sure it’s the *right* alligator if you spot it out of the corner of your eye.
Well, if I were an alligator and I went for a swim and came across just an alligator head bobbing up and down in a pool, I would assume I was about to be turned into boots and a handbag.

Hopefully what you have there is both a racoon and alligator repellent. Maybe it will even keep that tiger from peeing on your bushes.

Well, if I were an alligator and I went for a swim and came across just an alligator head bobbing up and down in a pool, I would assume I was about to be turned into boots and a handbag.
Great point !!! The actual alligator will think ‘holy cow !! Look what they did to the LAST guy !!’

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.