Do they make a plug that you can put in the white piping of your equipment if you no longer use your chlorinator and thus have black tubing there?

ionizer

Gold Supporter
Jun 7, 2016
Marlboro, NJ
So a long time ago I ditched the chlorinator and now follow the recommended guidance here. However, today I still have the black tubing going from the input tubing to the output tubing without the chlorinator in the middle. This of course means it is skipping the filter as that is how the setup is.

I'd like to ditch the black tubing and just plug the holes in the white pipes. Without having to turn my water off and drain these areas by applying some kind of paste/gel/cement/whatever, is there any type of plug that can be used instead without worrying about leaks?

I have (had) a Hayward CL220. Are you suggesting I would use a specific drill and then put some kind of fitted tap/plug into it?

I don't want to permanently plug it b/c if i ever had to go away for a week or more, I'd want to be able to use the chlorinator and put it back in
Then you're kind of stuck, because I think they use a proprietary thread so you wont find a plug to fit where you remove the line and if you drill it out the line won't fit, and if you cap it, it won't fit either. What's wrong with a little bit of bypass? As long as it;s not blowing debris from the filter into the pool, nobody will know. Or plug it off and use a floater when you leave town. That's what I use when I'm not home to pour bleach.

Then you're kind of stuck, because I think they use a proprietary thread so you wont find a plug to fit where you remove the line and if you drill it out the line won't fit, and if you cap it, it won't fit either. What's wrong with a little bit of bypass? As long as it;s not blowing debris from the filter into the pool, nobody will know. Or plug it off and use a floater when you leave town. That's what I use when I'm not home to pour bleach.

i suppose ill live with it. i was hoping there was a simple solution to just "pretty it up" and avoid the water crossing over between it, but i guess not. what about the notion of drilling it out as someone else mentioned and then capping it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.