Do Nautilus Plus CC and the Nautilus Plus CC with Wifi use the same base robot? Having issues with the connection with the power supply..

consultybob12

Apr 10, 2024
Texas
Just got the Nautilus CC Plus I ordered and noticed that they seem to have sent me the Wifi version, or at least the power supply they sent with it is the wifi version. Initially I was stoked because, hey, free upgrade

But then I tried using it. It took a while to actually connect everything, but once I did the cleaner seemed to be doing a good job. Except the app would constantly say "lost connection to robot, please make sure blue cable is connected" even though the cable was securely connected and the robot was still cleaning. Stopping and restarting it a few times seemed to help, but it would always end up going back to that, which was annoying.

Furthermore it seems like the app is the only way you can actually schedule cleanings with the wifi version, so if the app/connectivity keeps screwing up on me, i kind of feel like its worse than the non wifi version. I contacted PoolPartz, who i bought it from, and they opened an RMA request with Maytronics, however the RMA request wants me to return the entire cleaner and power supply, which will leave me without a cleaner for likely at least a week+. Does anyone know if the only thing different between the wifi version and the non wifi version is the power supply?

Bob,

I was told when I got mine that the only difference was the power supply. Matter of fact, they said that if I wanted to upgrade to wifi in the future, I would just need to buy the power supply from Maytronics.

Bob,

To be honest, I know very little about the Nautilus, but all of the other Dolphin's I have seen have two different cables.. The units without remote capabilities have a two wire cable, and the units with the remote capabilities have a three wire cable..

Not sure if that applies to the Nautilus or not.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
There is an interim solution -
It Looks like the cc+ w/wifi controller also has automation mode which you could use to envoke the schedule you wish with any smart plug & subsequent app that controls that smart plug of your choice or even a mechanical timer.
I have my plain Nautilus cc on automation mode & it has been since I got it. It is the only way I operate my bot.
I will post the tutorial of how to do this when I find it.

IMG_9643.jpeg
Automation mode, once activated, simply makes the bot come on & run its full cycle whenever power is applied to the controller. If you’re using a timer or whatever you must turn on power via mech timer or smart app then turn it off again at some point (usually after the standard cleaning cycle is complete)
Example- i use my smartlife app & a $10 smart plug (i can also use alexa but i find it cumbersome).
I set the plug to come on each day at 9am & turn off at 11:30 am (30 min after the 2 hour cycle is complete)
Or if i want to run it another time I just turn the plug on in the app & then set a timer for for it turn off 2.5 hours later. If you don’t set it turn off before the next scheduled time it won’t run again. If that makes sense.
To turn off automation mode you simply press the power button on the controller again.

Here’s the full manual for that power supply incase you didn’t receive it

View attachment 563697
Automation mode, once activated, simply makes the bot come on & run its full cycle whenever power is applied to the controller. If you’re using a timer or whatever you must turn on power via mech timer or smart app then turn it off again at some point (usually after the standard cleaning cycle is complete)
Example- i use my smartlife app & a $10 smart plug (i can also use alexa but i find it cumbersome).
I set the plug to come on each day at 9am & turn off at 11:30 am (30 min after the 2 hour cycle is complete)
Or if i want to run it another time I just turn the plug on in the app & then set a timer for for it turn off 2.5 hours later. If you don’t set it turn off before the next scheduled time it won’t run again. If that makes sense.
To turn off automation mode you simply press the power button on the controller again.

Here’s the full manual for that power supply incase you didn’t receive it
Interesting! That is definitly a work around, i dont really want to return it and be out of a cleaner for weeks, so just getting a setup like yours might work fine. Thanks!

Interesting! That is definitly a work around, i dont really want to return it and be out of a cleaner for weeks, so just getting a setup like yours might work fine. Thanks!
It only takes about $10 to find out if it works- or maybe free if you already own a smartplug.
Well really you can just test automation mode by enabling it then unplugging the controller & plugging it back in to see if the bot automatically comes on.