Do I still need to keep adding the chlorine table?

Welcome to the forum!

For daily maintenance we recommend using liquid chlorine, not solid chlorine or tablets.

Do you have a full set of test results? How are you testing your water?

Take care.

Generally no. The idea behind making daily additions of chlorine via liquid chlorine or bleach is so you can stop using the tablets, since they add unwanted chemicals (CYA or sometimes calcium) that build up over time.

My water test result is so far so good. Recently I tried to maintain my pool based on the Trouble Free Pool recommendation.

I just still have a big bucket of the chlorine tables that I purchased from Leslie couple months ago. Thank you for the response.

As long as they stay dry, chlorine tablets will last for years. You can use them when you need to be away from the pool for a few days, or when you need to raise CYA a little. Regular daily use of tablets will drive your CYA too high over time. Use liquid chlorine for daily use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.