Do I really need to replace Pentair Microbrite light?

Suz.E.Q

Gold Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Richland,wa
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have attached a photo showing a bubble coming from one of my microbrite lights and an arrow pointing to the approximate location of its origin. (I tried to upload a video showing them streaming, but I had no luck adding a video. ) The light still functions normally. I contacted Pentair to see if this is typical. I’ve never noticed the bubbles before, but this one and only time I’ve witnessed this, it was shortly after turning on the lights and lasted for 10-15 minutes max. I was thinking maybe it was from this recently illuminated “heat source” in the water, then whatever was happening to release bubbles finally balanced itself out (if that makes sense). Pentair is sending someone out because they feel it’s likely a problem with the light. The thing is - I believe the entire wire has to be pulled to replace this light - not just replace the head unit. YIKES! If these people don’t know what they are doing or screw up and wreck the conduit, I could end up with a leaking pool right before winterizing. Not a happy thought.
Does anyone know any details about the replacement process, or this bubbling event? I’d love to hear that this is normal, or that I’m wrong about a full wire pull being required. IMG_5116.jpeg
Thanks!

I have attached a photo showing a bubble coming from one of my microbrite lights and an arrow pointing to the approximate location of its origin. (I tried to upload a video showing them streaming, but I had no luck adding a video. ) The light still functions normally. I contacted Pentair to see if this is typical. I’ve never noticed the bubbles before, but this one and only time I’ve witnessed this, it was shortly after turning on the lights and lasted for 10-15 minutes max. I was thinking maybe it was from this recently illuminated “heat source” in the water, then whatever was happening to release bubbles finally balanced itself out (if that makes sense). Pentair is sending someone out because they feel it’s likely a problem with the light. The thing is - I believe the entire wire has to be pulled to replace this light - not just replace the head unit. YIKES! If these people don’t know what they are doing or screw up and wreck the conduit, I could end up with a leaking pool right before winterizing. Not a happy thought.
Does anyone know any details about the replacement process, or this bubbling event? I’d love to hear that this is normal, or that I’m wrong about a full wire pull being required. View attachment 532280
Thanks!
Bubbles are made from air. So not possible for heat to make an air bubble. It’s not a big deal to pull the cable, though they may want to lower the water level.

Reactions: Suz.E.Q
Does anyone know any details about the replacement process
I've had six MicroBrites replaced in my pool, all under warranty. I wish they were reliable, but they simply aren't. A competent technician can change the light in less than 15 minutes. Risk of conduit damage is very low (almost none).

I've had six MicroBrites replaced in my pool, all under warranty. I wish they were reliable, but they simply aren't. A competent technician can change the light in less than 15 minutes. Risk of conduit damage is very low (almost none).
Ok - this is encouraging (the replacement part). We live in an area with freezing winters - repair folks said they do not need to lower pool water to replace. I was aware the conduit is expected to be wet… but then I saw in the paperwork both wet and dry installations are possible. Clearly I will have a wet installation if they don’t lower water…. Oh, and what manner of YUCK will pour into the pool from the stagnant conduit water? Ew.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.