Do I Re-SLAM After Heavy Rain??

Joe Garcia

Apr 9, 2020
Ft. Myers, FL
I conducted a beautiful first SLAM a week ago and my pool became crystal clear. We had a day of bad rain here in SW Florida and my FC went down to 1. I was away from home and lost a day to bring the FC back up. I got the FC up to to a 6 after 24 hours but the damage was done and algae showed up. I have a slight dusting of algae. My pool is 90% clear, but now that I've had a taste of the great life, 90% not good enough! Here are my readings as of 8 pm EST on 5/4. My question: Do I SLAM again or just bring up my FC and brush the sides/clean the filter? I'm sure my FC will be lower by morning.

FC 3.5
TA 100
PH 7.2- Just added acid today to get in down from 7.5
CYA 45
CH 550
Temp 82

If you see algae you need to slam the pool, but it won't take very long to clean it up. I would raise it up to slam level just before bedtime and check it again in the morning.. Odds are it will take less than 24 hours to clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.