Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi TFP community,
Do I really need to lower TA based on these results?
No issues in the pool water. We had algae 2 weeks back so in went thru the SLAM process so that’s why u see the FC a bit high as it is still working it’s way down.

Thanks for your feedback!

Attachments

• IMG_5704.png
    IMG_5704.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 14
Hi, welcome to TFP! Your pH is toward the high end so I would just keep an eye on it. Test the TA weekly and adjust if you pH goes higher or starts making big swings higher or lower. I would try to keep the FC at 6, so I don't consider that high, especially during swim season. You don't want to hang out in the low end of the FC range and risk dropping below it. Dropping below gives algae a toehold. Let's say your FC is at 3, you had a lot of swimmers in the the pool, its the end of the day and you're tired and decide to test the pool tomorrow, but tomorrow is busy and it ends up being the day after tomorrow and now the pool is looking a little dull and your FC is 1 or less even with the SWG working properly. Now the pool needs a slam to get rid of the nascent algae bloom and get the FC back to the recommended levels. That can be prevented by keeping the FC at 6 or 7 so there is reserve FC ready to deal with an increased swimmer load.

Reactions: NicoleLove2Swim
As long as your ph stays fairly steady higher ta is not a major concern. Lower ta will help stabilize your ph if it fluctuates too much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.