Do I need to do anything for the winter?

FlaPoolGuy

Gold Supporter
Oct 5, 2019
Florida
Hi y'all we live in central FL and bought our first house with a pool this year. We did not get a pool cover or really anything I can find at all to use for winter prep. My plan was to continue doing what I'm doing- run pump 3-4 hours/day, check pH and chlorine nightly (sometimes I skip an evening) and add chlorine or acid as needed. Check ta and ch weekly. I currently have trichlor tabs in there due to low CYA so haven't had to add bleach.

Is there anything else I need to do, or can I test less frequently? Thanks!

NOPE! You are doing just what I do up here in T-town. You will find your chlorine use goes WAY down as the water gets cooler and the weather cools down as well. You can back you pH testing up now. You should have a good handle on your pool's needs so you can relax a little with the testing.

Kim:kim:

The only other consideration is the possibility of freezing. Depending on your location in central Florida you could get a few hard frosts over the winter. Running your pump overnight during those times should avoid any local icing problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.