Do I need this diving board spacer?

KyleMontana

Aug 18, 2022
Charlotte, NC
Just replaced cantilever springs and reusing the 6' board (606) and the supreme base (656). For the diving board, I found 2 different diagrams. I have attached the two diagrams. The diagram with no spacer is from April 2019 and the diagram with the spacer is from June 2011. One shows I need to use a 1" spacer schedule 40 pipe s/s and the other does not. When I took everything apart, I disposed of the old spacers which were there. My plan was to put everything back the way it was with new hardware, but now I am missing spacers as they were not included with the new cantilever spring kit I bought. A new kit with spacers is $155 online. I was wondering if I need to use these spacers? If so, does anyone know the dimensions (I.D., O.D., and length) so that I can just buy the two spacers?

Attachments

• Spacer.PNG
    Spacer.PNG
    70.3 KB · Views: 13
  • No Spacer.PNG
    No Spacer.PNG
    105.2 KB · Views: 12
If you had a spacer before, you need a spacer now.

You want a 1" long, schedule 40 Stainless Steel (preferably 316 SS), 5/8"ID / 7/8" OD spacer, 1" long.

Did a quick search and that is a very specialty items with no direct sources I could find, at least for 316.

Here is one solution, but is 304. Not sure the service it would provide, but would likely work.

Reactions: KyleMontana
If you had a spacer before, you need a spacer now.

You want a 1" long, schedule 40 Stainless Steel (preferably 316 SS), 5/8"ID / 7/8" OD spacer, 1" long.

Did a quick search and that is a very specialty items with no direct sources I could find, at least for 316.

Here is one solution, but is 304. Not sure the service it would provide, but would likely work.
Just ordered. Thank you for saving me $130!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.