Do I keep pool cleaner in pool when adding chemicals?

May 12, 2015
Dallas, Texas
I have a new Pentair Warrior SE and very pleased so far.

Pool is approx 25K gallons.

I typically leave the cleaner in the pool 24/7, however when adding chemicals I'm unsure whether it will harm the cleaner.

Is there a consensus whether it's safe to shock (liquid), add acid (liquid), baking soda etc.. with the cleaner in the water? or should I remove it for a few hours each time I add chemicals?

David

My personal thought - based on zero facts - would be to remove the cleaner and any cord/hose for about 15-30 minutes when adding chlorine or acid. Baking soda - no need to remove the cleaner. I wouldn't want a high concentration of chlorine or acid coming into direct contact with the cleaner, hose, cord.

So I would pull it, add chems, 15-30 minutes later toss it back in. While it's out, I would inspect it for any issues.

Right or wrong, I keep mine in the water. I do however ensure the cord and the robot are not near my returns as I usually add chemicals around my returns to help stir them up a bit. I have done it that way for working on the 3rd year now and haven't had any issues. Again, I try to keep the cord/unit like 4ft+ away from where I am adding acid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.