moore887

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 14, 2018
CAPE CORAL
20190112_080739.jpg20190112_080756.jpgHi,

Yesterday was the pool construction company's last day at looking after our new pool. This morning I got up all eager to start my own pool maintenance regime. However, it looks like I have fallen at the first hurdle! I unpacked the box they gave me and found a long handle, a hose, a brush (which many of the bristles have broken off and ended up in the pool) and which I perceive to be is a vacuum. I connected the hose to the vacuum, twisted off the cap to the vacuum line in the pool and went to put the other end of the hose on. It only goes in about a third of an inch and sort of rests there, so any movement on the hose will cause it to fall out. Is this the way they actually work or am I missing something?

nqwhi51DvxWnTvNa9
TkiVfCfcbz7LfjPM7
Thanks

The hose you have goes into the skimmer. Does the port you are trying to use have suction or does it push water out? Do you have a dedicated pump to that port? Normally a port like that is used for a pool cleaner, and they use a different type of hose. Does the twist off cap have a name of anything printed on it?

Thanks Zea3,

The hose worked under the skimmer basket. It's going to take me a while to get my head around all this. I dropped the pole with the vacuum head on it in the water, then i knocked the skimmer basket into the water and finally I fell into the water trying to get it. It looked like something out of a Laurel and Hardy show. And all that before I got around the side of the house to try to figure out how to open up the Jandy CS filter to clean it.

I went up to pinch a penny pool store yesterday and saw the pool cleaners you speak of. There was a Dolphin Solo there that they allow people to try out ($50 deposit) before they buy it. That might be overkill for my small pool but they did stress that that cleaner doesn't put pressure on the filter like other cleaners. They also said that they have adapters that would fit the cleaner plug on the side of my pool which I was trying to my existing hose to. I will have a look at it again today and see if there is a name printed on it.

20190113_102930.jpg20190113_103004.jpg20190113_103004.jpg20190113_103017.jpg20190113_103028.jpg20190113_103049.jpg20190113_103118.jpg20190113_103129.jpg20190113_103134.jpg20190113_103149.jpg20190113_103220.jpgI have posted a few pictures. I think there's a duplicate one up there but I can't figure out how to remove it. The black cylinder in the last picture is apparently the autofill and I've been told not to touch that. I suppose I will know in a few days if it works or not. I had the guy that replaced the neighbor's sprinkers after our pool build connect it to the well as the pool installers aren't licensed to do that kind of work. We should be getting quotes in the next two weeks for grading the side of the house after the pool plumbing was buried. I've a feeling that the equipment pad that holds the salt system for the house may not hold up after a good rain storm. On the other hand, our mains water and sewer system should be installed in the next nine months so we may not need any of that equipment before the year is out.

What date was your pool filled with water?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.