DIY water spillway

WattsZ

Feb 26, 2020
Oklahoma City
Hello,

has anyone added a water spill-way using a splitter from the pump off of an existing jet. I know I have the hp strong enough just looking for logistics as to running the plumbing. Basically it will be a 18in wide sheer spillway that is incased in cinder block and rock veneer.

Show us some pics of what you are looking to do.

So our pool looks like the rocked one below (small pic) and we want to put the water fall in like the picture. I’ve read where you can use the current jet and using a valve split it with the waterfall using pvc. Just looking for advice if possible.

Attachments

• 6C705621-43E0-45B4-B299-3ACEE954C2DC.png
    6C705621-43E0-45B4-B299-3ACEE954C2DC.png
    255.4 KB · Views: 45
I don't see any problem T'ing the return water and diverting some of it to a spillover feature.

Note that running a spillover will cause your pH to rise from aeration. So stock up on MA.

So our pool looks like the rocked one below and we want to put the water fall in like the picture. I’ve read where you can use the current jet and using a valve split it with the waterfall using pvc. Just looking for advice if possible.
I don't see any problem T'ing the return water and diverting some of it to a spillover feature.

Note that running a spillover will cause your pH to rise from aeration. So stock up on MA.

Thanks for the heads up about ph! That’s my main question I guess is where does it T off at.

That’s my main question I guess is where does it T off at.

Show us the plumbing from your filter to the pool.

I would say you can T it anywhere in between them. Put a valve on the waterfall line so you can control how much flow goes that way.

Last edited:
You using hard PVC or flex pvc?

You can use a 3 way valve or a T and a valve on the water fall line.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So apparently a 3 way valve has to be ordered every where as where a T and ball valve are easy to get. I was wanting to do it this weekend. So my question is will using a T and ball valve work just as well as a 3 way jandy or should i really be using a 3 way?

T and ball valve will work fine for you. A ball valve gets sticky and will not last as long as a diverter valve. But in an AGP it may last longer then the pool.

Reactions: WattsZ
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.