DIY-er, planning to build small plunge pool

lukmar

Jun 30, 2021
Denmark
Pool Size
Hi, as in title: not having a pool yet but preparing plans for building small plunge / mini pool myself.
Joined to scan forum and ask questions about optimum pool size, construction tips, etc...

Welcome to TFP :)

Lots of info here and someone is doing a small spa from scratch..

Thank you and sorry for late reply - somehow I didn't get notified and noticed your helpful answer while browsing my postings.
Your link is valuable, here I share the other 2 valuable links I found on TFP in the meantime:

What I am planning is 4.5 m x 2.5 meters recreational inground pool max 1-1.2m deep, so quite shallow.
I already learnt a lot from this forums about many aspects like insulation, grounding, pairing, filtration circuits, etc... but still haven't found the answers on what materials / approach to use to built it the most optimum way (also labour wise).

From what I managed to learn by now from hydrodynamics is that the depth of the pool is the most important factor when it comes to choosing optimum construction materials (strength).
I keep digging, but wouldn't be nice I if anyone helps what forum topics / groups to look for answers for:

- Do I need concrete (I saw some people building shallow pools?
- Does it require rebar?
- How thick should walls, floor be?

Last edited: