DIY build is not square... (Cozy Cove is 2" short)

oh-DIY-io

Jun 12, 2019
Ohio
So I've been assembling, disassembling and reassembling my walls for the last few days. I couldn't figure out why I was out of square until I measured the cozy cove (swim up spa). At 7' 10", it's 2" short...

If my liner was cut for a 43' wall, then I'm about 3" off on my longest diagonal.
  1. Any suggestions?
  2. I see posts that say the dimensions can be off but I don't see any that say what the tolerance actually is. Am I looking to be within an inch or within a foot? (in all ways; elevation, plumb, square, etc)
Thanks!

I'll have to look closer. I think it's 8' across the front though. The pool diagram shows an 8' next to the cozy cove and it would need to be 8' for the wall to equal 43'.

I just hung up with the pool warehouse guy. He told me to bump the walls a bit to make my diagonal correct. He said it won't impact the fit of the liner so it's just a visual thing and 2" over 43' isn't enough to notice.

He's probably right but we've lost 2" of butt space. I guess the cozy cove just got cozier!

Also might make sure your walls are all plumb as well. Which I am sure you checked that.

Since my pool was a perfect rectangle I setup batter boards and ran string lines down my walls. (I have issues with perfection). Keep in mind most of the people that install these pools slap them up and move on to the next one in order to max profits. As a homeowner you will be way more fussy about perfection.

What makes a pool warehouse kit so stressful is they precut the liner and send it to you. In the industry they build the pool and get as close as possible then custom measure/order the liner to fit to there imperfections.

So I got the walls up and it's much better than I thought. I am about 3" crooked though. 2 of it is the short cozy cove. The rest I'll fix with squaring up.

I'll likely bump the sides around to spread the 3" "offness" but did have one other idea.

I found these at Home Depot.

I could buy 2 of the 1" ones and put them between panels to make up for the short cozy cove. (1 in 2 different places)

I'd have to put a piece of metal across the top to keep the concrete from falling in the hole when the deck is poured.

Good idea or bad idea?

Attachments

• 20190919_164555.jpg
    20190919_164555.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 13
So I got the walls up and it's much better than I thought. I am about 3" crooked though. 2 of it is the short cozy cove. The rest I'll fix with squaring up.

I'll likely bump the sides around to spread the 3" "offness" but did have one other idea.

I found these at Home Depot.

I could buy 2 of the 1" ones and put them between panels to make up for the short cozy cove. (1 in 2 different places)

I'd have to put a piece of metal across the top to keep the concrete from falling in the hole when the deck is poured.

Good idea or bad idea?
That seemed like a good idea but didn't work well when I tried it.

I ended up bumping walls around and getting close.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.