Diving board tilt?

Poolguy99

Silver Supporter
May 2, 2018
Boston
I have a 20x40 inground concrete pool with a diving board. Last week I had the entire concrete decking around the pool ripped up and replaced with a brand new concrete pad (the old one was chipping and cracked everywhere from years of prior homeowners neglect).

Before the work was done, my diving board was perfectly straight on two U metal stands but when the contractor put the diving board and stand back in, they put the front stand, the stand closer to the pool, a little lower than the back so there's a small 10 degree downward pitch towards the pool. The concrete contractor, who's highly recommended in my area for doing pools, states it's to prevent the water from pooling on the diving board so it rolls off back into the pool but I wasn't sure.

Does this make sense to anyone? I just want to make sure it's safe for the kids to use the diving board again which a pitch down.

Thanks

My first thought is "that's a brilliant answer for someone who installed the diving board out of level." However true it is, I would not prefer to look at an unlevel diving board. Our board does get water on it when used, but I've never given a second thought to it being there for long. I never felt like it was pooling on it excessively.

Diving boards never slant towards the pool. They are flat or lean back.

Did the front bumper get put on? (Rubber pad that goes on the front U-frame)?

Did the U-frames get placed in the correct place?

Diving boards never slant towards the pool. They are flat or lean back.

Did the front bumper get put on? (Rubber pad that goes on the front U-frame)?

Did the U-frames get placed in the correct place?
They never took the diving board off the stands, they just re-concreted them into the ground when it was setting.

Is it unsafe to have it tilting toward the pool or should I have him rip it out and start over?

It's not unsafe, but it's unsightly. Look into having him get a thicker bumper for the front stand to raise it up to level.
I must remember that one - "so the water will drain back into the pool".......................... :laughblue:

It's not unsafe, but it's unsightly. Look into having him get a thicker bumper for the front stand to raise it up to level.
I must remember that one - "so the water will drain back into the pool".......................... :laughblue:
Just remember, it wasn't my line :)

Any suggestions on where to get a bumper to raise it up or should I just get something that won't rot over time with the weather?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just think of it this way.... if you have one too many adult beverages and fall on the board, you’ll roll right into the pool! Finish it off with a “I ment to do that” pose from the water, and no one will ever know. :laughblue:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.