Diving board, slide, volleyball, shelf. Is it possible without a gigantic pool?

One of the pool builders quoted me on several different types of slides. I was blown away at some of the prices. A feature with rocks and a slide was $25K! We would get a simple one and I don't remember the price right now but I remember it was doable. Maybe around $1,000?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Tx-C This is amazing! So I am assuming the lazy river portion is pricey but I am intrigued. Can you give me a ballpark of cost?

- - - Updated - - -

25K for the rock slide seems pretty high, but then again that could normal in your area. We had a rock slide originally and the cost was going to be $13-15k with a waterfall in the middle. The kids wanted a "more fun " slide lol, i was ok with the change as it was less than half the cost of this and i could use the $ saved to make the pool bigger. The Lazy river cost was roughly an extra $30-35k based on what i've seen on just a pool/spa build here., I was quoted based on material for the whole project, extra pump, plumbing, electrical (3 color LED lights). Here is a pic of it's current state.

Optimized-Gunite (2).jpg

Hmm, my umbrella (1 mil, I think) is like $50. Might have to look into what it actually covers.

I wouldn't have "designed" my jumping rock this way (inherited with pool, inherited with house purchase). It's just sort'a plopped in there and doesn't go with anything. It's fake (which took me a while to figure out), so they can look pretty good without requiring an engineering feat to get them in place. I like the idea of incorporating it into a water feature (though as stated water features mess with water balance). But something more visually integrated than mine, maybe with a "party-time-only" water feature, that serves as decoration and jumping rock, would be cool. You can just barely see my fountain. It's behind my sitting area and provides nice ambiance there. A laminar (I think they're called) would just be obnoxious sounding to me.

IMG_3593.jpg

The fountain was originally located back, left corner. I found it buried under overgrowth, bone dry. It was connected to a plug behind the pool. So to use it, they had to manually fill it often, and then walk out to plug it in, and again to unplug it. I bet they used it twice: first time "Oh, how nice!" and last time "This is a pain!" ;)

I moved it closer to where people are, automated the pump so I can turn it on from inside my house (or with my phone), and ran the water filler as described above. Now it gets used every time someone is out there, because it's just a push of a button on the wall. My oldest likes to think he is in charge of it!

Hmm, my umbrella (1 mil, I think) is like $50. Might have to look into what it actually covers.

I'm going through this now. To up my HO from 500K-1M its like $40, but the 1M umbrella policy (that would kick in when my 500K HO is exhausted) is ~$300.

My insurance company struggled to explain why the Umbrella made sense with the above numbers, and at the same time, everyone i know says the umbrella is a no brainer for the $260 delta.

Anyone able so explain the difference?

Sorry for going off topic...

The reason they make so much sense in my mind, is that your umbrella sits over top of all policies you have. Not just your homeowners. So if your teenage driver is a drunk driver and kills multiple people in an accident, you may not go bankrupt from the lawsuits. Just an example, sorry to be graphic.

As a side note, it was our already in place umbrella policy that wouldn’t cover a diving board. We could have gone with a third party umbrella but that gets messy and expensive. So we ended up going with Nationwide across the board, for less money overall with even higher coverage levels.

Sorry it took longer than expected. Here is a pic as I mentioned (Landscaping going in this week). Will post more pics soon.

Attachments

• pool shots (1) (6).jpg
    pool shots (1) (6).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 98
Sorry it took longer than expected. Here is a pic as I mentioned (Landscaping going in this week). Will post more pics soon.

What a fun pool! Is that a tiki torch I see? Plus hidden cave? I suspect that picture doesn't do it all justice. When you look at the ladder hand rails coming out of the water, you start to get a sense of how big that structure is. And that tiny fence stretching way off in the distance. Huge yard. Amazing!

Hi, we were able to get those items in within a reasonable space. I believe the key for us was to keep the deep end to 7.5 feet, allowing us to have a longer shallow area for volleyball court. Happy to answer any questions.

*updated*...this is a jumping pool; not deep enough for diving.

Attachments

• D37A8035-EC4C-4EF9-8BC7-BD494CD2A0B7.jpg
    D37A8035-EC4C-4EF9-8BC7-BD494CD2A0B7.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 61
  • DB1C7AF6-C33B-4A55-BC7F-9182502BBAF7.jpg
    DB1C7AF6-C33B-4A55-BC7F-9182502BBAF7.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 61

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.