Diving Board Recommedations?

Hi all, I am currently building a 20' x 39' x 30' True ell. There are so many options on diving board and stand combinations... I was wondering if you all would share your opinions on what's the best board/stand combo out right now. There are so many options and possible combinations, I find myself getting overwhelmed trying to work out the differences. I demoed out a 20' x 32' that was home owner built in the 70's. It had an 8' glass hide board with u stands. We were happy with that on our old pool. But if there is a better option, I would hate to miss out. Any info is greatly appreciated, Thanks

Welcome to TFP.

You are the first person who I have seen wanting to discuss installing a diving board. Not sure how much knowledge there is around here about them.

A few years ago I replaced the SR Smith board that was there when we moved in with a new one. New Flyte Deck stand and 8' board from Amazon. Simple swap-out. That's about as much thought as I put into it. Have no deep insight.

I have a Flyte-Deck II Diving Board Stand | Official S.R.Smith Products with an 8' board. The board is pretty stiff itself and the stand doesn't allow for a large amount of spring. Which I think is a good tradeoff for safety. Our pool 8 1/2' deep and you can easily hit the slope if you want to/tried to. So less bounce equal less risk. I'm happy with it for us 6 years in.

Also, as for anyone with a pool (not to mention a diving board), make sure you have an umbrella insurance policy and that your provider knows you have a diving board. I had to change companies.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.