Diving Board Recommedations?

drhSR

Jun 20, 2018
Saint Joseph/ Missouri
Hi all, I am currently building a 20' x 39' x 30' True ell. There are so many options on diving board and stand combinations... I was wondering if you all would share your opinions on what's the best board/stand combo out right now. There are so many options and possible combinations, I find myself getting overwhelmed trying to work out the differences. I demoed out a 20' x 32' that was home owner built in the 70's. It had an 8' glass hide board with u stands. We were happy with that on our old pool. But if there is a better option, I would hate to miss out. Any info is greatly appreciated, Thanks

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Welcome to TFP.

You are the first person who I have seen wanting to discuss installing a diving board. Not sure how much knowledge there is around here about them.

Geebot

Aug 19, 2013
A few years ago I replaced the SR Smith board that was there when we moved in with a new one. New Flyte Deck stand and 8' board from Amazon. Simple swap-out. That's about as much thought as I put into it. Have no deep insight.

jmhjgh

Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
We have an 8' SR Smith with the springs. We are very happy with the bounce and height.

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
I have a Flyte-Deck II Diving Board Stand | Official S.R.Smith Products with an 8' board. The board is pretty stiff itself and the stand doesn't allow for a large amount of spring. Which I think is a good tradeoff for safety. Our pool 8 1/2' deep and you can easily hit the slope if you want to/tried to. So less bounce equal less risk. I'm happy with it for us 6 years in.

Also, as for anyone with a pool (not to mention a diving board), make sure you have an umbrella insurance policy and that your provider knows you have a diving board. I had to change companies.

Briceh

Aug 14, 2019
Prairieville, La.
Looking to install a Diving rock myself on my new pool. FOund a pretty cool shaped rock that looks like a step platform that I think would work. My concern is getting it placed on my new decking without cracking.

sktn77a

Gold Supporter
May 16, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
I have an SR Smith Flyte II diving board/stand. The family love it. My only comment is to make sure your pool is 8' deep (to the top of the water, not the top of the pool) for safety.