ML117

Jul 7, 2023
Maryland
Hey everyone. We just finished building our 30ft round Above Ground Pool. we have a slight slope going into the pool where we had to dig down the highend. Just had my first heavy rain and my gut tells me I need to do something about the water that was filling in where we dug down to level the ground.

Should I just backfill the ditch around the pool and slope it all the way around or is there a better way to do this?

I have attached pictures. if you would like more please let me know.

image0 (1).jpegimage1 (1).jpegimage2 (1).jpegimage3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a sloping backyard as well and at one point near the pool it does slope a lot. When our last pool was put up 20+ years ago we thought nothing of it and we had our new pool installed exactly where the old pool was. I'm not going to lie and say it doesn't get puddles with water occasionally but it's not consistently wet. It will usually happen after a lot of rain, BUT and this is important in my opinion my ground does drain well and the property is odd in that it is flat behind the pool. lf you look at the photo I posted you may be able to see the slope in the right side foreground and I have a huge slope where the filter is as well.

We have put pea gravel around the pool to keep the grass and trimmer away from the pool wall and that also should help with drainage. If you are very concerned you could dig a trench, put drainage PVC piping down into it and guide the water away from the pool.

pool ring.jpg

Attachments

• pool where we are2md.jpg
    pool where we are2md.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 3
Would you be able to install a small drainage hose/pipe that would divert the excess to another area of yard?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.