Diverter valve rebuild and position question

swamprat69

Mar 30, 2019
Las Vegas, NV
Sorry...posted on wrong forum earlier. All 3 of my diverter valves are starting to stick when moved and may be introducing air into the suction side of the pump. I will be rebuilding all 3 within about a week. I usually run the pool in the position shown with the spa supply and return off. When using the spa I only run the spa supply and return with everything else off. My quick question is can I run with all supplies and returns open? I would guess that this would result in the filter showing a lower pressure than when I am running in the normal "pool" only positon and I would be moving a larger volume of water????

Attachments

• img20210526_12373973.jpg
    img20210526_12373973.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 9
You can open all of them with no issue.. :)

This is your skimmer, what is the return ??? that I marked... in that position both are open 100% so no issue...

1622110389775.png

Top 3 marked returns (skimmer, main and spa) go through a large A&A leaf basket before the pump inlet. I rarely get any significant amount of debris in the pump basket itself. Skimmer works well even with the main return also open. Was wanting to keep all returns and supplies open to bring the pool up to temp. because it heats up faster and then switch back to my normal "pool" configuration.

With all suction lines open, your infloor won't collect as much debris from the main drains as the majority of the draw will be from the least restrictive source. Start with the skimmer/main drain valve set to 80% skimmer and 20% main drain. From this 80/20 position, adjust to get a good balance of skimming and main drain debris removal. The spa suction should be off. I assume your spa spills over into the pool.

You can adjust your spa return line (not suction line) to provide a small amount of flow to help keep the spa chlorinated. Maybe run the spa suction once or twice a week as needed. Does the spa also have the infloor system?

Your setup may be ripe for an automation system. This would automatically cycle the pool/spa valves to help keep both circulating without the need for you to manually move the valves.

Show us a pic of your entire equipment pad and of your pool/spa. This will give us a better indication of your setup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.