Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
Hello all,
My pool renovation is finally almost complete. I turned the pump on for the first time in months last night now that the pool has been filled and discovered a weird issue with my Pentair diverter valves.
I have a 3 way Pentair diverter plumbed to both my sheer descent manifold, as well as my main pool return line. I was having an issue getting the 2 way Pentair sheer descent diverter internals back into the body for some reason (if you have any advice on that it would be appreciated) but I figured even without those installed I'd simply close off that manifold and just let the water flow to the pool for the time being.

Well when I got everything up and running I had a substantial amount of water making its way into the manifold even though the diverter is closed to that section. Is this normal? I thought the diverter should be completely stopping water to the closed side. I did open the diverter and ensured there were no sand, rocks, or glue blocking the door, that the door seal was in tact (brand new so should be), and that it was actually aligned the way I thought it was. Tried rocking the handle back and forth in case I didn't have it completely blocked but no matter what I could not get the water to stop completely. Is this a bad diverter perhaps?

Thanks for the help!

Valves.jpg

PlumbingTop.jpg

Aaron

Aaron, I agree that is odd. I can see the areas in the soil where the water was pouring our of the manifold and agree that it is allowing too much water to pass through the valve door/gate. Just to be sure ..... in the pic it looks like the handle isn't quite inline with the center of the OFF duckbill tab. Or is that just the pic making it look that way? If not aligned, I believe you can loosen that knob on top to align the handle with the gate better.

If that doesn't work, is this a DIY build or do you have a contractor working it for you? I'm wondering if you just happened to get a bad valve that is out of specs inside?

This was supposed to be a contractor but I ended up taking it on myself when they stopped showing up. I did find the issue and it was a dumb one... I apparently installed one of the 2 way 1.5" internals into the 3 way 2" body. That sure would do it. I also figured out the 2 way's as well and ended up removing the actual gate from the lid, installing the gate first, and then pressing the lid on and it all settled in. Pump is now running and no leaks from any of my plumbing joints!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.