Evans, Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Ok, I am DONE with the Frog system! I bought a Saltron SWG mini. Drained the hot tub after using Ahhsome. Just refilled with fresh water. Tested the levels (pic attached) with my TF-Pro Salt test kit. Not sure how I am supposed to test salt though as that is NOT included in the instructions and I did not receive any test strips. Added 1 oz stain and scale, 3 oz baking soda, and 0.5 oz of Dichlor granules. What do I do now? I have searched the threads but I am just confused. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide🙏🏽

Hot tub is a Sundance Relay with about 350 gallons about 1.5 years old. We keep covered and temp around 99-101. Previously used Frog @ease in-line system but have had to Darin and refill about 6 or 7 times because of that system🤦🏽‍♀️

Attachments

• IMG_6063.jpeg
    IMG_6063.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 3
Here’s the instructions for the salt test-

For 1 drop = 200 ppm Sodium Chloride
1. Rinse and fill sample tube to 10 mL mark with water to be tested.
2. Add 1 drop R-0630 Chromate Indicator. Swirl to mix. Sample will turn yellow.
3. Add R-0718 Silver Nitrate Reagent dropwise, swirling and counting after each drop, until color changes from yellow to a milky salmon (brick red).
NOTE: Do not add enough R-0718 Silver Nitrate Reagent to give a brown color. First change from yellow to a milky salmon (brick red) is the endpoint.
4. Multiply drops of R-0718 Silver Nitrate Reagent by 200. Record as parts per million (ppm) salt as sodium chloride (NaCl).

Reactions: rchesani
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.