Toronto, ON
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I happened to look through the article on Deck Choices Reviewed. I have some comments on this article that might be useful for folks who read this article, but where would I post any such comments?

I suggest Everything Else Forum.
Yes but then when someone reads the article on deck choices they are not likely to find my comments on the article. How about creating threads for articles like this in the Everything Else forum and then linking to that thread in each article?

For example - I have Flagstone on my pool. But there are some potential issues with Flagstone that I believe it would be useful for folks to know.. The article mentions that it is more expensive, but it should give an order of magnitude - for me Flagstone probably added $20-30k to the price of my pool and landscaping. Secondly, in areas where you get frost the stones can heave during the freeze/thaw cycle and become uneven over time, so you may need to have them releveled every year or two. Thirdly, you can get weeds growing in the cracks between the stones - this can be somewhat fixed by having sand placed between the cracks but then that sand, or some of it, will end up in your pool. Fourthly, if you have a safety cover and have anchors set into your deck the anchors can cause your stones to move and pull up a bit and the 3/4" (or whatever diameter) holes that are drilled can cause weak spots in the stone that are prone to cracking, especially given the tension caused by the pool cover. If I had been aware of all of these factors then I might have opted for patterened concrete instead.

It is good to point out your experience with materials used around pools. However I don't think it would be practical to try to maintain a list of forum posts within each article. It would be quite the effort to monitor the forum and try to see if it applied to a particular article. You could argue that "why does this article link to XX posts, but not these other YY posts". It iis probably more appropriate is that when a member is trying to decide on decking materials, for example, they ask a question of the forum or use the search box at the top right of each page to try to find posts of interest. That would be a great way to find threads on flagstone or stamped concrete, or pavers, or decking in general.

Pool School is not a Wiki.

A lot of science and study went in, and continues to go in to the articles there. I can't even imagine the complete and utter mess it would become if it was publicly editable or even just had comments on the articles. Allowing every single person to add their "opinion" (in quotes because people seem to think they can have an opinion on a verifiable fact) would destroy a carefully crafted and vetted source of education.

If you have a comment on it you can bring it up in the forum and if the writers of Pool School believe it is worth editing then they will.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.