Discovered Leak While Filling Pool

Jun 5, 2016
Brodhead, WI
I just setup my 16x48 intex pool and after I had about 4 inches of water in it I discovered water leaking out from under the pool in several places. I don't see any leaks on the sides so it has to be some where on the bottom of the pool. What is the best way to find out where the hole(s) is? Should I just drain the 4 inches of water out and try to find it? Or can I try looking with the water still in it? Visually I can't see where its leaking.

Thanks, Todd.

Get some food coloring and drop it along the seam where the floor meets the wall. After each drop watch to see if the color disperses or if it looks like it moves into the liner. If it moves into the liner that is a leak that needs to be patched. The seam is the most common place for leaks to start. You may also have pinhole leaks in the floor. The easiest way to find pinhole leaks in the floor is to take down the pool and drape the liner over something so it is suspended a couple of feet off the ground, then get under it and look for daylight coming through. Those are your leaks that need to be patched.

i tried the food coloring but couldn't find the leak, so I had to drain the pool and get under it. I was a nice sunny day and the holes just popped out plain as day. now all patched up and full of water ready for some chemicals. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.