Discount Salt Pool customer service....

Oscar G.

Gold Supporter
So I ordered a Circupool RJ-30 last night and then, and only then, did i take a look at my plumbing to plan the install, ?. Turns out there is not enough room to install the SWG horizontally without doing a bunch of re-plumbing so i called Discount Salt pool to order the vertical installation kit. I explained my situation and that I wanted to add the kit to my order and the customer service dude asked me to hold for a minute. He came back to the phone to let me know that he grabbed the kit, walked it out to shipping, and tossed it in with my order....free of charge! I thought that was awesome!

Here's my install. I replaced an AutoPilot Digital. I cut out the original vertical piping and built my own with a few PVC parts from Home Depot. Wasn't very difficult.View attachment 117511
View attachment 117512

Note that you used DWV 90 fittings rather then the Schedule 40 fittings that should be used for pressurized pool applications.

Reactions: Hye NJ
Here's my install. I replaced an AutoPilot Digital. I cut out the original vertical piping and built my own with a few PVC parts from Home Depot. Wasn't very difficult.View attachment 117511
View attachment 117512
This (A) is from the manual on the flow switch install.
A) 5. Install the Flow Switch next to the Cell. Ensure that any excess glue does not become contact with movable switch. - IMPORTANT: When positioning the Flow Switch, there must be at least 6 to 12” (30cm) of straight pipe before the Flow Switch. If installed after the Electrolytic Cell, the Cell can be counted as straight pipe.
B) As per circupool customer support of 3 weeks ago, they recommend having a roof or shelter over the control. Even though it's designed to be outside and is quote on quote waterproof. The guy said to me if you want longevity with the control keep it out of the elements, direct sun and rain. I did just that. Nice install.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oscar G.
Thanks for letting me know. I'll look into re-doing.
Yes, even though those are DWV ells and they're not intended for pressure applications, I might just wait until/if it fails before I would redo it at this point. First, the pressure shouldn't be anywhere close to what you might see in a water distribution system, and second, to redo it now would require getting a new flow switch also. So maybe you might want to tuck that away for the future and just see how things work for awhile...

Reactions: Hye NJ
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.